I upgraded my OS to 4.5, but in the process I lost my contacts and have the content manager open with the IPD file being read. It sees my contacts, so that is nice. The issue is how do I recover them without copying over other things and rolling back my OS? I see all these things in the list that it wants to copy over...should I just copy over all of them?
    02-25-09 11:36 PM
    It says I have 207 contacts and I just can not see them. Help!

Under "select categories", it says business and personal and the boxes are unchecked..WTF is going on?
    02-25-09 11:48 PM
    ok..I figured it out..there was a filter on them. What a pain..lol.

My question is now this :

What is the fastest way to text someone from the 1st screen? Is it PHONE > Name > Send an SMS message?

Also..what is the best way to mass text people and organize them into groups? Whats the fastest way to do that?
    02-25-09 11:56 PM
    Well I assigned one of the keys on the side of my phone to Messages, so I click that, press the menu button scroll down to compose SMS, then search through phonebook for a contact. That's probably as fast as it gets, as far as "mass text" I'm fairly certain you have to add each additional person individually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 12:48 AM
    Ok..cool.

Is the DM the best way to store your contacts, is there any other smoother way to do this? The one thing I liked about the Instinct was that it had an autobackup where it sent your contacts to a server ever 24 hours. You never had to worry about losing numbers if you lost your phone.
    02-26-09 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD