Hello,

I am a user of the AT&T 8520, and am using a screen-reader as I am blind. The product is titled Oratio, and is developed by Humanware (Humanware.com/oratio).

Now, this speech software speaks all text, prompts, ETC, allowing me to use the device as normal. However, it is very new and not all core functions of the device are accessible at this time. Two of these inaccessible items are the App World and browser. The company placed priority on email, the calendar, and phone functions, as these are most important in my company setting.
    Thus, I've been unable to download third-party apps that will help me take advantage of products such as Skype, MSN/Live, ETC.

Now that you know the background, I was curious if it would be possible to have assistance help with obtaining the actual .jad files for the aforementioned apps, so I can install directly on the device please? This is the only way I am able to install applications with Oratio.
    BTW: I've contacted Skype and the Messenger folks directly but they have not been helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Carlos
    06-26-10 08:16 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Skype is not available for the BlackBerry unless you are a Verizon customer.

Many people, including me, use iSkoot from iSkoot. This is a free application that does most of what Skype does.

I do not use MSN so I cannot advise you.

The smaller application development companies are usually more helpful than the larger ones and so I suggest that you contact them (as you have done with Skype and MSN) directly.

Please come back here and we will do all we can to help you just as we do for all our Members.
    06-26-10 09:11 AM
    MSN Live could be installed via Application Loader in Desktop Manager, presuming you have your current OS installed on your PC.
    06-26-10 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD