I love my blackberry 8330. I have between personal and business for two companies about 4-5 email addresses that I have to check. My mac clears spam very well. My pc not so much. The result is all emails come to the mac and pc and then all those accounts also come into my blackberry so I have to delete and go thru like 300 emails every day on the blackberry and either hit delete H or delete D, etc.

Someone told me if I got the email that is [email protected] that it would filter out all the spam as long as I set it up as an IMAP. Almost all myemail accounts are POP accounts. Does anyone know how to do this or how to do it a different way?
    thanks!
    09-01-09 05:21 PM
    The reason you get the spam on your phone is because when your computer gets an email, the email hits the server, the server reads the message and either puts it in your inbox or your spam folder. When bb attaches to your email server, it automatically copies all incoming mail and forwards it over to the phone. BB doesn't recognize the filters in place on your email account. You can go to BlackBerry Internet Service and use your login info to setup filters that will stop the spam from coming in. If you don't have this info call 1-800-922-0204 opt3 for tech and a rep can get it for you. Hope this helps
    09-01-09 07:24 PM
    if possible you can always DL spam apps or forward through gmail this may not be an option though and towlie had probably the best solution
    09-01-09 08:24 PM
    Not sure what email capabilities you need, but here's something for you to consider.

Like you I grab a bunch of email accounts on my BB. The way I cut down on spam by 99% was to use a single GMAIL account and only add that email on the BB. In the online Gmail settings, I use the 'Check mail using POP3:' option and pull the messages from the other accounts into Gmail. The Gmail spam filters are very good.

Just an idea.

W.
    09-10-09 09:02 PM
    Yahoo is good IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD