I didnt do anything different but today I swear Ive pulled my battery 20 times my phone keeps freezing. I even wiped and restored it, deleted all my messages. The trackball just goes dead and I cant use it I am so annoyed. Does anyone out there have any advice
    08-09-09 09:57 PM
    Did you install any 3rd party apps or 3rd party themes lately? If so, remove those. Also you can try to remove your SIM card and also your Memory Card from your device. If all else fails, and you just got your phone recently, I would suggest returning your phone for a replacement.
    08-09-09 10:03 PM
    i havent installed anything. I completely can not use my trackball now. Its just froze and I cant get to turn my wireless signal on so basically I have no phone. I dont get what this is. It started freezing when I would get MMS messages and now its just horrible
    08-09-09 10:05 PM
    Return the phone for a new one.
    08-09-09 10:06 PM
    If there's no water damage then call tech support and see if they'll send you a replacement. If they won't call insurance, if you don't have insurance call customer service and see if they'll let you add it to your line. Then call the insurance company.
    08-09-09 10:07 PM
    I have insurance there is no water damage. There is nothing wrong with it every time someone would send me a MMS message it would freeze for like 2 minutes and now nothing. I really need a phone and I cant even get to turn the wireless on from when I wiped the phone. I just pulled out the memory card and sim lets see what it does now.
    08-09-09 10:09 PM
    So the trackball worked til I went to send a SMS and then BAM frozen
    08-09-09 10:11 PM
    When did you get the phone?
    08-09-09 10:14 PM
    3 months ago from a tmobile store now real problems til today
    08-09-09 10:15 PM
    And now it wont read my sim card FML.
    08-09-09 10:16 PM
    Unfortunately, it really sounds like water damage. You probably need to use an insurance claim for a replacement device.
    08-09-09 10:18 PM
    There Is No Water Damage Wtf
    08-09-09 10:20 PM
    How do you *know* for sure there is not water damage? There are things that can happen that you might not even realize that can cause water damage. Even if there isn't water damage then clearly your trackball and device are not functioning properly. So in that case, you need to use your insurance and get a replacement device.
    08-09-09 10:22 PM
    YEP so I just called they are sending me a replacement. And they had me check no signs of water damage
    08-09-09 10:47 PM
    Your device can have water damage and not show any signs of it with the indicators.
    08-09-09 10:49 PM
    And that would cause it to read my sim card all day til someone on this site said pull it out and the first time I ever do it doesnt read it anymore. But it reads fine in my other phone?
    08-09-09 10:53 PM
    Obviously there is something wrong with your phone if its not reading your sim card but other phones will.

That can also be why your phone is freezing up on you when receive a txt/mms or whatever because your phone isn't reading ur sim card properly.

Good thing you're getting a replacement but yes just because your phone's liquid damage indicator shows no water damage doesn't mean it doesn't have moisture in it.
    08-09-09 10:57 PM
    And that would cause it to read my sim card all day til someone on this site said pull it out and the first time I ever do it doesnt read it anymore. But it reads fine in my other phone?
    Don't get sassy, bro. Yes, water damage can do that and all sorts of crazy things. You don't want my help, that's fine with me. I am the one here trying to help you but I guess you know it all already. Don't worry, I won't make the mistake again.
    08-09-09 10:57 PM
    Don't get sassy, bro. Yes, water damage can do that and all sorts of crazy things. You don't want my help, that's fine with me. I am the one here trying to help you but I guess you know it all already. Don't worry, I won't make the mistake again.
    Its not you im mad at. I am mad at my problem. I apologize
    08-09-09 11:00 PM
    But all in all the op is getting a replacement phone. Everything is all good

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 11:06 PM
    Yea but I would like to know what caused it
    Last edited by r0mey; 08-09-09 at 11:17 PM.
    08-09-09 11:14 PM
    I really wish i knew how to navigate this phone without the trackball so I could just use the phone and turn on my connection
    08-09-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD