09-09-09 12:10 AM
29 12
tools
    It works! The ball is a little sticky but I haven't ever cleaned it so I am about to do that but everyhting is working great!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!! So happy!
    07-26-08 11:16 AM
    my daughters 8320 got wet for a second, cup of water spilt onto it. It was in a plactic skin cover. She dried it off immediately but off course did not keep it off. It booted up and loaded everything but the keys and scroll ball are messed up. The water indicater thingy does not show any water problem. Is it too late - 18 hrs later to try the rice? It has been off all night. But when she tried it again this morning same thing. She does have insurance but it really doesnt cover water damage. It only helps reduse the cost of replacment
    05-25-09 08:07 AM
    Better to pay the reduced price than the no-commitment pricing. I might still try to the rice.
    05-25-09 08:46 AM
    I know this is an older post but I am sure someone will find it via google like I did today. My 8330 got wet yesterday. initially it was fine, but about an hour later the buttons stopped responding. I googled the problem and found crackberry.com. read a few wet blackberry posts and, being impatient, went with the fastest approach. blowdryer for 30 minutes, medium heat, about 12-18 inches away. of course took the battery out first. i turned it every 5 minutes or so to get even heat distribution (and to somehow reassure myself that it was not getting too hot.) let it cool off for a few minutes, put the battery back in and it is working like new was so thrilled i joined crackberry just to let everyone know what worked for me and to say thanks to you all for your help!
    09-09-09 12:10 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD