This might get a little confusing, but will try to explain best I can.

I have an account on AOL that I have used for years for work.
    I have an account on GMAIL because I like their system much better.
    All of my contacts are on my GMAIL account.
    I have it set up so that my AOL email goes to my GMAIL account, so I can use everything through GMAIL but still looks like AOL for my clients, etc.

Curve 8530

I have it set up with both email addresses on the phone.

The problem is that it sends me two emails of everything.

I get that it is because I have AOL forwarding to GMAIL and both are set up on the phone.

How do I stop the "GMAIL" emails (duplicates) from AOL from showing on the phone? I still need to keep GMAIL for my contacts, and those few people that may email me directly on GMAIL. So I guess I am trying to figure out how to stop the AOL forwarding on JUST the blackberry.

If I confused anyone, sorry.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
    08-25-10 04:11 PM
    Alex, welcome to Crackberry.

Excellent question! Made me think for about 15minutes haha

I do not believe there is a way to stop them from coming in. But, may I ask...if all of your AOL emails get forwarded to gmail, why have your AOL account synced with your device? Just don't have the AOL account synced to your device and just use the gmail account. I believe that if an email is forwarded to your gmail account from aol, and you reply to that email, it will go through your AOL account not your gmail account. I could be very wrong - but for some reason that thought is in my mind from a previous post.
    08-25-10 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD