i was downloading 4.5os and i left the room. came back in and it said error. On the phone it has a circle with a little square and says 507.. What happened .. and is this fixable.. Wen i try to turn the phone on.. it wont turn on just goes to the screen i explained above
    09-15-08 10:58 PM
    just restore it there is an instruction already posted just search for it in this site
    09-15-08 11:02 PM
    just restore it there is an instruction already posted just search for it in this site
    Do you know where that is. And are you talking about how to restore a dead berry..
    09-15-08 11:03 PM
    Try this link.

Sigh I can't post links, but go under "Newbies" up top and select the "How Do I Recover a Dead Blackberry?" post.

-Kyle
    09-15-08 11:06 PM
    The 507 error means there is no OS on your device. This is
    not fatal. Follow these instructions.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Keep this thread handy for future reference:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 09-15-08 at 11:13 PM.
    09-15-08 11:09 PM
    well its not dead so i dont think thats the instructions you follow try this one crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry this happend to me before and all i did was follow the instructions and its all ok now
    09-15-08 11:17 PM
    this is why when people say "oh yeah, i know what i'm doing", they actually dont. if you dont know what you're doing, be honest with yourself instead of being everyone else's pain in the ****.

or at least familiarize yourself with where to get answers immediately in case of emergency. do all of you go about life so haphazardly with things you say you care about so much?

a lot of us are here to help, but all of us who do would like you to help yourself first... do everything you can do to do things right, then call for help should something abnormal occur. we get tired of answering the same question posted 100 times daily. and people who beg for help also get all pissed off when they dont get an immediate response and start carpet bombing the forum.

do your part and we'll all do ours is the point.
    Last edited by oakie; 09-15-08 at 11:53 PM.
    09-15-08 11:50 PM
    well its not dead so i dont think thats the instructions you follow try this one crackberry.com/blackberry-101-lecture-12-how-reload-operating-system-nuked-blackberry this happend to me before and all i did was follow the instructions and its all ok now

i tried this and in the middle of the installation it says cnnot reconnect to device with mutiple app download. what did i do wrong. followed step by step instruction.

and oakie that still didnt answer the question. No need to reply. Thanks
    09-16-08 12:14 AM
    Don't worry about oakie.. He's always like that.

We're here to help. Do a search on recovering a nuked berry. You'll be fine. As AG stated, this is not a fatal error and can be fixed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-16-08 12:19 AM

and oakie that still didnt answer the question. No need to reply. Thanks
    it should have.

it helps reduce the amount of the same question being asked every day AND helps you get the answers you need before you need them so you dont get so stressed out when a deviation occurs.
    09-16-08 12:20 AM
    it should have.

it helps reduce the amount of the same question being asked every day AND helps you get the answers you need before you need them so you dont get so stressed out when a deviation occurs.
    okayyyy whatever.. I have my berry to worry about right now.. Not you, Okay. You can complain another day.
    09-16-08 12:24 AM
    Don't worry about oakie.. He's always like that.

We're here to help. Do a search on recovering a nuked berry. You'll be fine. As AG stated, this is not a fatal error and can be fixed.

Lol im not. And do you know anything about an error message during the apploader process saying cant reconnect to device while mutiple app are loading or something like that.
    09-16-08 12:25 AM
    this is why when people say "oh yeah, i know what i'm doing", they actually dont. if you dont know what you're doing, be honest with yourself instead of being everyone else's pain in the ****.

or at least familiarize yourself with where to get answers immediately in case of emergency. do all of you go about life so haphazardly with things you say you care about so much?

a lot of us are here to help, but all of us who do would like you to help yourself first... do everything you can do to do things right, then call for help should something abnormal occur. we get tired of answering the same question posted 100 times daily. and people who beg for help also get all pissed off when they dont get an immediate response and start carpet bombing the forum.

do your part and we'll all do ours is the point.
    Maybe you do but don't speak for everybody else. This is a forum and people come here for help and many users love to help. If you cant be helpful to the user, just save it and dont post.
    09-16-08 12:27 AM
    As AG said, the 507 error indicates no OS on your device. If you haven't remedied that issue, your device won't properly sync with your pc. You'll need to reload your OS before you can attempt anything else.

09-16-08 12:28 AM
    tae_254, regardless of what you think of oakie's approach, he
    has a valid point. And you will find he is one of the single most
    knowledgeable people here. So don't dismiss his post with
    "okayyyy whatever". You wil be doing yourself a disservice.

With that said, did you try the links in my earlier post?
    09-16-08 12:31 AM
    i also got this message .it is fixable.do as others have instructed .download the latest desktop manager to your pc.then download the os of your choice also to your pc.if its not your carriers release you do need to remove the vendor xml file .then open your desktop manager and with usb cable attach your phone (take your battery out first)within sec of attaching berry put battery in you will see unknown pin click on it and you should then see upgrade follow steps from there.it took me 45 min to finish and my phone worked fine since .i then used a backup file i had and that updated my phone contacts etc. this worked for me .
    09-16-08 12:52 AM
    tae_254, regardless of what you think of oakie's approach, he
    has a valid point. And you will find he is one of the single most
    knowledgeable people here. So don't dismiss his post with
    "okayyyy whatever". You wil be doing yourself a disservice.

With that said, did you try the links in my earlier post?
    Reguardless of him being very knowledgeable. What he said was uncalled for. So yea i am gonna dismsss it with an okay whatever. If had an issue with any of my post he could have pm'd me or emailed me. But im not about to get into that.

And yes i did try the link. During the Application Loader process on the second step (waiting for device installation) or something like that . I keep getting a message that says

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.''
    09-16-08 12:53 AM
    i also got this message .it is fixable.do as others have instructed .download the latest desktop manager to your pc.then download the os of your choice also to your pc.if its not your carriers release you do need to remove the vendor xml file .then open your desktop manager and with usb cable attach your phone (take your battery out first)within sec of attaching berry put battery in you will see unknown pin click on it and you should then see upgrade follow steps from there.it took me 45 min to finish and my phone worked fine since .i then used a backup file i had and that updated my phone contacts etc. this worked for me .
    I have desktop 4.6 and i did remove the vendor xml file. And im still getting the error. Im doing it from apploader. I will try DM again.
    09-16-08 12:56 AM

i tried this.. When i plug the usb in "unknown pin 0" comes up. i click on it and nothing happens at the bottom it still says pin connected:NONE
    09-16-08 01:10 AM
    Wow... this thread is all over the place

Please take a few deep breaths, relax and then attempt to follow the guidance given. All of the solutions for your problem were posted within this thread

AG posted 2 links... one on "how to recover a dead berry" and the other on "proper upgrade procedure"

Follow either one and your issue will be resolved once you attempt both, then come back if you have more questions!!

09-16-08 01:29 AM
    Wow... this thread is all over the place

Please take a few deep breaths, relax and then attempt to follow the guidance given. All of the solutions for your problem were posted within this thread

AG posted 2 links... one on "how to recover a dead berry" and the other on "proper upgrade procedure"

Follow either one and your issue will be resolved once you attempt both, then come back if you have more questions!!

Ive tried everything and Ive tried all the advice on here. but i still keep getting this message. """Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation.''"" I get this message while in apploader when its on the step two "device initztilizing". I dont know what to do .
    09-16-08 03:12 AM
    As people have said, let's get back on track here.

JVM error 507 means, as has been said, that the phone currently has not OS installed.

There are several routes out of here.
    Frst off, make sure that the OS is correctly installed on your PC and that, at least, Vendor.xml has been removed.

Route 1
    - Get JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility and use it to wipe your phone. This has already been done but my logic is to make sure that it has been done fully and correctly.
    - Run Desktop Manager and see if it connects. You may have to help it out by going to the Applications Loader and selecting Add / Remove but this should cause the OS to reload.

Route 2
    Some of these links have already been posted but never mind Using JL_Cmder to restore OS when DTM and JL Cmder won't detect device. [Archive] - BlueRoomSolution
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

Route 3
    Get CrackMem from the link in my signature. This help you to make sure that Vendor.xml is removed as well as other modules that you choose. If you use the Wipe Phone then it wil do what JL_Cmder does. It will aslotry to reload the OS.

If you get stuck, please come back here. Help of some sort will aloways be forthcoming, even if you don't want them

Good luck.
    09-16-08 03:46 AM
    Perhaps try to go back to your old OS (I donr have the link right now but I'm sure someone else will)
    Just make sure to take the other OS off your PC first, through add or remove. This is what worked for me...

09-16-08 03:51 AM
    Perhaps try to go back to your old OS (I donr have the link right now but I'm sure someone else will)
    Just make sure to take the other OS off your PC first, through add or remove. This is what worked for me...

I tried and its still giving me the same error message

Quick question. after i launch apploader am i suppse to have the battery in the phone or no. and is the phone suppose to be on the screen with the error message on it.
    09-16-08 04:15 AM
    If your using the apploader form the "how to recover a dead black berry, the DOS screen." then yes keep the battery in it, and the screen shouldn't matter, least that's what I did. (I had a white screen like yours.)

09-16-08 04:22 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD