I am a new Curve user and I am so frustrated with the software that links to my desktop OUTLOOK calendar. I cannot figure out how to JUST load new data/appointments. Every time I sync, it is so complicated and takes forever and insists on loading everything all over again!

Also, I lost a lot off my desktop and although it says it is a two way sync, it will not load on the dates/appts. from my handheld to my desktop. What am I doing wrong? Damn...my old Palm Pilot was SO SO SO easy! I am a neophite, I know, but there MUST be an easier way.
    12-28-08 08:26 AM
    Are you using Outlook 2007? I had the same problem with it and gave up - ended up using Yahoo for my Calendar and Outlook Express for my Contacts.

The Curve blows away the Palm overall, but I 100% agree that the Palm desktop calendar/contact etc. sync program is a million times better/more simple than BB. I WISH BB would come up with something like that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 12:09 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

BlackBerry Desktop Software works very well, but it can be a bit of PITA to get configured.

It can take about a minute to complete the sync, that is normal.

I cannot figure out how to JUST load new data/appointments....

This is the v4.6 Sync screen, you can change the default actions from this control panel, including the settings.

On the top left, there is a link for Syncronization...

Click the Syncronization button on the following page to get to the configuration control panel.

This is the control panel for customizing how sync will function. The default is to syncronize in both directions, if you need to push the contents, click on the Setup button. On the second page, you can choose a one way connection.

The Advanced button will allow you to futher customize the process including mapping custom fields.

Last edited by Reed McLay; 12-28-08 at 12:43 PM.
    12-28-08 12:16 PM
    I was typing how to do this until I saw how you blew my "soon to be "response out of the water. Great instructions!
    12-28-08 12:59 PM
    Thanks, I knew it would take a while to get the images loaded. I hope the OP is able to find the control panel, it should be pretty simple from there.
    12-28-08 02:10 PM
    What if I am not given Outlook as a choice? I cannot make my Curve "find" my Outlook program!!!!
    01-01-09 09:58 AM
    What if I am not given Outlook as a choice? I cannot make my Curve "find" my Outlook program!!!!
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Support for Outlook, Microsoft Email, Yahoo and ASCII text files are built in to the Desktop Manager.

The Select Device Application Window's Setup button should allow you to set or change the Sync configuration.
    01-01-09 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD