I have my corporate email address setup as my default address, so it will automatically display in the "From" field of emails generated from my Blackberry. I notice that the Blackberry will occasionally enter my personal email address in the "From" field for certain contacts in my address book. The Blackberry seems to be remembering which email addresses were used previously for each contact person and will fill in that email address in the "From" field, overwriting the default address i have setup. Is there a way to stop the Blackberry from doing this?

I am currently using the general "Messages" inbox due to having 5 emails setup on my Blackberry. It is easier for me to use this inbox, so I don't have to go back and forth from Inbox to Inbox. I know using my default email address inbox will always use the address I want in the From field, but would really rather have the "Messages" inbox have this capability.

I have checked the following options on my Blackberry and my corporate email address is setup correctly here:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Default Services

Is there another option on the phone that I should be looking at? Is there a way to adjust this feature?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    01-07-08 02:19 PM
    No, that is the way your BB works, it does remember the last email address from which you emailsed a contact, and uses it the next time you compose a new email to that contact. It can be changed easily enough by changing the "send using" field in the the new email as you compose.

It will do the same with a contact's phone and default to the last one used if a contact has more than one phone number in the contact info.
    01-07-08 02:29 PM
    Thank you for responding. I had a feeling that there was no way of changing this, but thought I give it a try and ask.

Thank you for the quick response
    01-07-08 02:44 PM
    Oh, you CAN change it... as described. Email that contact next time from the proper "send using" address, and it is back to normal.

I know, it is not the quick fix you wanted, though

Good luck.
    01-07-08 02:52 PM
    Thanks for the info...
    01-18-08 06:48 PM
    something else worth mentioning is if you are replying to an email that was "received using" one of your personal emails, it will be "sent using" the same personal email....this can be changed the same way as mentioned above.
    01-18-08 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD