I own a curve and recently I just got a new curve because my old one broke. It is a refurbished phone. As verizon calls it "Like New". I can still push the lock button on the phone, or in other words the A key or asterisk key. That locks it, but the screen looks different when locked, and to unlock it I have to push the mute button. How do I change that to unlock it with the asterisk key and the send button?? Is there a way or are the settings different on some of the phones?

Its not a huge deal, but i'm used to the settings on my old curve, and now its bugging me.

Thanks.
    06-29-10 05:59 PM
    I own a curve and recently I just got a new curve because my old one broke. It is a refurbished phone. As verizon calls it "Like New". I can still push the lock button on the phone, or in other words the A key or asterisk key. That locks it, but the screen looks different when locked, and to unlock it I have to push the mute button. How do I change that to unlock it with the asterisk key and the send button?? Is there a way or are the settings different on some of the phones?

Its not a huge deal, but i'm used to the settings on my old curve, and now its bugging me.

Thanks.
    You have to downgrade to the latest OS that supports A* + Send to unlock the phone, which is OS v5.0.0.459, I believe.

You can go here, choose Curve 8530 from the drop down menu and download OS v5.0.0.459. You can install this OS on your phone using DM on your computer.
    06-29-10 07:58 PM
    And welcome to CrackBerry!
    06-29-10 07:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD