I used to have a Blackberry Pearl but I upgraded to a Blackberry Curve last fall. The main reason I upgraded was that I began to get little bubbles forming on the left side of the screen. I called Blackberry support and though they weren't 100% sure they assumed the bubbles were the adhesive that holds the screen in place "melting". They told me they couldn't fix it and that I should be more careful with my phone and not leave it in the car or take it to the pool since they also assumed it was caused by the Blackberry being exposed to too much heat.

So I was really careful with my Curve and I love it to death! I have never once dropped it and I have it inside a case. I don't take it to the pool (even though I do enjoy doing my work there, which I need my blackberry for) and have been so careful with it in every way. I was completely bummed today when I noticed the bubbles forming under my screen on the left side again!! This is really annoying and I don't know what I can do to prevent it! Does anyone know? Does anyone know what these bubbles really are??? I could really use some advice on this topic!

Thanks!
    03-28-08 08:06 PM
    what do they look like as I somehow have dust under my screen on the right
    03-28-08 09:44 PM
    I haven't see this before. Sorry you are having troubles.
    03-28-08 09:59 PM
    UGH. Dust on the right
    03-30-08 10:21 PM
    please post or describe the bubbles
    i want to help and i dont want to get bubbles myself!
    03-31-08 09:03 AM
    They're strange.. they look like glue or adhesive that has spread out onto the sides of my screen. I would take a picture but my camera IS my curve. It's very frustrating.
    03-31-08 04:29 PM
    never even heard of anything like that!
    anyone?
    03-31-08 04:37 PM
    Im trying to think of better ways to describe it.

It almost looks like the pixels have "melted" toward the left hand side. If you hold the phone at an angle u can see its just the screen and the actual pixels are fine underneath.

Does anyone know if u can get a replacement screen?

I'm surprised no one has heard/seen this since this is my 2nd blackberry with the issue.
    03-31-08 06:06 PM
    It really sounds like moisture, so hard to be sure though..

Can you take a picture of the exterior of your Curve??
    03-31-08 06:26 PM
    I've heard abt dust on the screen, especially on the right side. Haven't heard abt bubbles.

What you guys do to prevent the annoying dust?
    I had the 8300 tht got dust so and it really annoyed me so when I got the 8310 I used chapstick and sealed right side. LOL!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-08 06:37 PM
    I presume that it's moisture. Since it's happening at the same place on both phones, something must be the connecting factor.

You put the phone in your pocket a lot? I used to have this problem with my Nokia, where my sweat cause condensation in the inside of the casing...
    03-31-08 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD