I go to my setup wizard to set up my personal email and the only option I have it gives is: I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry
    enterprise server: There are no other options in the setup wizard. If I do try to set up my email it asks for an adminstator password. This phone is with Cricket wireless. I bought it 4 days ago brand new from Cricket. I have spent at least 3 hours on the phone with technical suppport, and spent another hour and a half at the corporate store for the guy to tell me he cant help me. The technical support tells me go to the store and the store tells me to call technical support. RIM wants $49 dollars just to speak with me. I am so frustrated. I just want to set up my personal email account and no one can has been able to tell me what I need to do.

If anyone has some advice on how to fix this problem I'd be very greatful for the help.
    Last edited by dylang832; 08-18-10 at 02:36 PM.
    08-18-10 12:23 AM
    To to the cricket store and demand that they help you set it up. That's messed up what they're putting you through

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-10 04:01 AM
    Or maybe you could use the Email Wizard instead? You know, the envelope icon right next to the Setup Wizard?
    08-18-10 08:45 AM
    Do you have BIS active? When I first got my Blackberry I couldn't set my emails up until like 15 minutes after activating BIS. Once I went from edge to EDGE I got the email setup wizard and was able to use my personal emails.

08-18-10 10:02 AM
    Or maybe you could use the Email Wizard instead? You know, the envelope icon right next to the Setup Wizard?

It doesnt even have the envelope for email wizard.

Ive been doing some research and it seems on the 8530 CDMA models they have had the same issue with sprint and verizon. In those cases the provider didnt have the right plan for the phone. In this case you have to have the blackberry plan with cricket to even use the phone. So I dont see how that could be the issue.
    08-18-10 02:34 PM
    Ive been doing some research and it seems on the 8530 CDMA models they have had the same issue with sprint and verizon. In those cases the provider didnt have the right plan for the phone. In this case you have to have the blackberry plan with cricket to even use the phone. So I dont see how that could be the issue.
    Same with Verizon and Sprint, they must have a Blackberry Plan to use the phone.

This is a carrier issue, call them, go into the store, whatever, but it's their problem for them to fix. If they tell you nothing is wrong with it then bring it to the store and have them setup the email for you, and see how far they get.
    08-18-10 03:01 PM
    I also think that Cricket should try and set it up. They can't just sell you a phone and then not help you out with it. I mean, what kind of Customer Service is that?

08-18-10 03:20 PM
    You still need the device registered on the network, and the mobile network needs to be on and connected to BIS.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    08-18-10 03:26 PM
    You still need the device registered on the network, and the mobile network needs to be on and connected to BIS.

Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register Now
    They had me do this about 4 times, but unfortunately it still did not help.

After another 40 minutes on the phone today they finally recognized there was an issue with the Blackberry 8530 and they said an advanced tech was going to call me to help me out with the issue within 24 hours. l guess we will see if they keep their word. If no,t I guess I'm going to have to go to the store on my day off and raise ****.

And to think I stayed with them because of the cheap rates instead of going with the new torch on AT&T
    Last edited by dylang832; 08-18-10 at 08:42 PM.
    08-18-10 08:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD