I appologize for making this post so long but i wanted to give you guys a good idea of the situation im in.

Ok so i bought a blackberry curve 8320 from AT&T about 4 days ago, without a data plan.
    I wanted a quality phone that had a physical keyboard and wifi to surf the net when im around wireless router which 90% of the time im around of, and since im home most of the time or over my girlfriends why pay for data features i really dont need.

I love the phone but theres one problem....when i make calls it often sounds like the phone signal is breaking up.

I checked coverage in my area and its suppose to be great according to AT&T's site so i dont undestand why im getting this problem.

I usually get between 2 and 4 bars but when it drops to two bars my phone calls start to break up and i can only hear bits and pieces of what the person im talking to is saying.

This happens all the time, sometimes for a split second some times for a few seconds, sometime for the whole phone call.

I took the SIM card out and put it in my old samsung behold and voice seemed to do better with occasionally giving me the same problem, usually less extreme.

Called AT&T up explained them the situation and while im talking to them my phone starts to break up lol They put me on hold to check if there were any problems as far as coverage in the area. 2 minutes later im told there are no problems in the area and that my phone must be defective and im given another number to call to arrange to be sent another phone.

I get more bars with AT&T then i did with T-mobile yet i dont remember having this problem, with 2 bars calls were crystal clear with t-mobile.

Im confused and dont know what to do , should i keep AT&T and wait for the replacement phone to arrive to see if it gives me the same problems ? should i just cancel and get it over with ?

I love this phone , i like the plan i selected , i get a discount through work and my girl has AT&T as well so its mobile to mobile so i dont have to pay extra for going over minutes ( she loves to talk on the phone lol)

What would you guys do in my situation ?
    08-30-09 10:24 AM
    bump for resolution
    08-30-09 04:34 PM
    How does her phone work at your place? I would try the replacement to see if it better. If it turns out you have a very weak signal there are signal boosters available to increase coverage in your house.
    08-30-09 04:44 PM
    thanks for replying, she has iphone and claims shes never had a problem, im debating on switching to verizon and paying much more
    08-30-09 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD