Hi,

I'm new to the boards here, I've tried searching around (have been looking around the site for some time now) and have only found a 'partial' solution/explanation to my problem. I apologize in advance if this is noob crap and has been covered somewhere else I haven't been able to find it.

I just got a 4gb SDHC card a few days ago, installed fine, used media manager to transfer some music just fine (which I now know is a mistake...) but,

sometimes when I transfer certain files (especially photos), not sure exactly what is setting this off, my bb locks up upon reload. The trackball is unresponsive, the menu button doesn't work, nothing. After formatting, or inserting the card directly into computer and deleting the last files transferred before the problem started, it works fine again.

so i guess my question is, are there some kind of limitations on media that a bb sd card cant handle? I can't seem to figure out why some pics/music work just fine, and others (for some reason beyond me) cause the device the freeze/lock...

If you have any ideas or suggestions, I'd love to know.

Thanks in advance.

ps- ive just started playing around with bb messenger and don't yet have any contacts...feel free to add me to send me some pertinent advice, etc...this is my first post but i think, im pretty sure, my pin and barcode will show up.

Thanks again and excited to join crackberry.

-dave
    10-15-09 03:29 AM
    There are going to be issues with compression, and some images that for G_d knows what reason will act corrupt on your device. I've had images, that were perfectly fine, and suddenly decided to cause me problems. Try making them smaller, and using a standard JPEG compression on them. Sometimes this works.
    10-15-09 04:17 AM
    I guess there's really no telling what could be screwing with my memory card. Either way, thanks for the help and good advice.
    10-15-09 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD