First off let me say I'm not bashing my 8900 one bit it is an awesome phone, but I have been awe struck by the storm since before its release. now I see that the 8900 is in high demand so I'm thinking of selling or trading for the storm. The only problem is I've read way to many storm horror stories on here, and I'm not sure if I want to give up a perfectly good 8900 for an iffy storm. (Sigh) what is a girl to do? Any advice from either storm owners or fellow 8900 users?
    02-14-09 10:23 AM
    A lot of the horror stories you see are usually really just uninformed opinions. Or problems as a result of improper use or care from the user.

Not to say the Storm is flawless by any means. However most animosity is generated from people who just don't like touchscreen phones.

Unfortunately, there's no real answer to your question. If you have an opportunity to testdrive one for a few weeks to really get a feel for it, that would be ideal. Just poking around with it for a few hours or even a few days just won't do you justice.

If you're with Verizon, they're offering 30day return policy which could help do that. I felt clumsy on my storm for the first week, but now wouldn't give it up for anything else.
    02-14-09 12:35 PM
    Thanks for the advice rmjones. Unfortunatly I don't have verizon so any storm I get will have to be unlocked. Verizon wants to charge me a deposit! Wtf?! I've never paid a deposit for a phone and I don't plan to start. Now if they can waive that part then I would be all for checking them out.
    02-14-09 12:58 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I can get the Storm, but what I really want is an 8900!

Go figure...
    02-14-09 01:03 PM
    Simple solution. Walk to front door. Open door. Place head in doorway. Slam head in door. Close door(important step).

Now, wait til pain goes away. When pain goes away, and you feel the urge to ask question again, repeat process.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 01:10 PM
    Follow your heart... and keep the 8900

Posted from my BlackBerry 8320 at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 07:08 PM
    Don't give it up!
    02-14-09 07:12 PM
    Don't listen to these Biased opinions. Like others have said, see if you can try out the storm yourself.
    Being on t-mobile, you won't have 3G, But.. I guess neither does the 8900.
    Now, with that being said the following is my own opinion.
    The storm is a fantastic multimedia device. Using applications, such as Slacker ; the 9530 brings the program to life. Poynt is another perfect example of the phones true colors.
    Beautiful movies, Big screen.
    The new themes.. Holy cow.. Irevolution is fantastic. You should see all the pointless apps/games we're getting as well :-p
    It takes getting used to, yes. You'll find some bugs. We're all praying in a circle around the campfire that RIM and Verizon will bless us with a great new official operating system.
    I have no problem with typing with its surepress keyboard. I prefer it.
    Again, All MY opinions..

The choice is yours, you just need to decide what you like more.
    Last edited by BrianW2007; 02-14-09 at 07:21 PM.
    02-14-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD