I have used the 8900 for 7 months and all of a sudden the speaker isn't working today. I always play music from my phone and it only works with a headset plugged into the phone. I soft reset it but it still doesn't work. I didn't drop it or anything out of the ordinary, any help would be appreciated.

* I updated my software yesterday, not sure if that's just coincidence or had something to do with it.
    07-21-09 11:46 AM
    Did it happen right after the update?
    07-21-09 11:57 AM
    I didn't try using the speaker after the update until today so I'm not too sure. The only other app I downloaded was Twitterberry last night as well? Also, I should clarify the speaker seems to work with the ring tones just not my media/music player or my pandora music app.
    Last edited by GenuineHelp; 07-21-09 at 12:08 PM.
    07-21-09 12:04 PM
    Try to pull the battery
    07-21-09 12:34 PM
    I had the same problem with the Blackberry curve 8900. I disassembled the phone which you can learn HOW TO do on Youtube. Really simple if you have the correct tool. First I down graded the OS software assuming it was the problem but I later found out it was a hardware issue. I noticed that if you pressed the lower left of the screen near the menu button the sound would come in and if you let go it would stop. I took the white tape that is located behind the battery off. moved the ribbon wire that runs behind the tape around a little bit and replaced the tape and it works great now. The only issue I have is I noticed the speaker sounds as if its busted. It muffles when there is too much bass in the music. I will order a replacement speaker this week and install it in the phone. They are relatively cheap on line and easy to install. I hope this helps all of you out. Ill even change he housing while I'm at it just to be different......... :-)
    06-01-10 01:04 AM
    did you order a new speaeker? or a new midplate? because i was under the impression that the external speaker was built into the midplate. please provide the link of what you bought. thanks!
    06-01-10 07:45 PM
    I was playing Slacker to a PA system when it rebooted on it's own and that's when my speaker stopped. I used it on headphones for several days and after 4-5 days it started working again.
    06-03-10 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD