My TMO 8320 has been acting strange the last 2 days. TMO cust service only suggests phone upgrade and contract extension. I want to save my BB!! It started with the rollerball - it would roll but not select. It "clicks" but doesn't actually select anything. So you click on it 10 times and nothing happens. So I cleaned the rollerball assembly. Battery pull. Same issue, but now it is going into Messages and creating and saving drafts of emails. They are TO: (blank) and no message. Just saved empty. Then I got a call and the Mute key kept going on and off during the call. So I did the Security Options wipe. Restored only my address book. Same problem - rolls but won't select, and sends random draft emails to itself. So later I called TMO cust service back hoping for someone more helpful. Got someone and the stupid phone started working as if nothing had ever happened. For an hour or so, anyway. But during the call, the rep walked me through several diagnostics that all turned out OK. Now it is having the same problems again. I went in to do the Wipe again ( using "enter" key instead of clicking on rollerball.) But where it says "type blackberry to continue" I start to type in blackberry and the letters start to disappear! Over and over. I left it alone for a while, did a battery pull. When it came back on, it had a password required to open it!!! I tried several times, way more than 10, and it didn't do a reset. All it did was say "type blackberry" again. So I typed blackberry and when I got to the same point in the word, the letters start to disappear again! Do it 15 times, no master reset. So now I have a locked BB that I can't even reset/wipe.
    HELP please!!!!
    10-07-09 10:04 PM
    Have you tried to update/reinstall with desktop manager?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-09 11:30 PM
    yep. no good! thanks though. it's possessed.
    10-08-09 12:04 AM
    have you tried reloading your OS using the Loader.exe method?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/lin...ovided-300314/
    10-08-09 12:07 AM
    Thanks - trying it now. It is sending emails and texts like it has a mind of its own! I want my clean BB back!!!
    10-08-09 09:03 PM
    Call the tmo corporate office in new mexico and tell them you want one shipped to you express at no cost to you since yours is having issues and custer care can't do anything about it.

10-08-09 09:58 PM
    Sorry if you need the corporate office number. It is 4253784000

10-08-09 10:00 PM
    i hadn't thought of that.
    10-08-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD