I was upgrading my 8320's OS when my laptop froze and shutdown. The BB restarted to a white screen that only displays "Blackberry Platform 2.7.0.40" and then Address Book, Compose, Options, Saved Messages... None of which do anything other than give "Error starting net_rim_bb_options_app: Module 'net_rim_locationapi' not found."

Desktop Manager won't recognize it for me to reload the OS onto it. Removing battery and starting up again is doing nothing.

I tried the guide for reloading OS on a nuked blackberry but I don't have a "Loader App" file in my RIM folder as it states to load.

This is a brand new BB 8320, and I wanted to upgrade to get the new features... It was not purchased from t-mobile so I can't contact them to fix it.

Please Help! THANKS.
    06-21-08 04:40 PM
    Btw I am running Desktop Manager v4.5.

I think my Device Manager is recognizing it as connected, but it won't come up in Desktop Manager.

Thanks
    06-21-08 04:42 PM
    ok, whats you BB screen saying right now??
    06-21-08 04:48 PM
    The actual BB screen is saying just what I wrote up there...

"Blackberry Platform 2.7.0.40" and then Address Book, Compose, Options, Saved Messages... None of which do anything other than give "Error starting net_rim_bb_options_app: Module 'net_rim_locationapi' not found."

When I restart it, it restarts showing the hourglass then loads that screen.
    06-21-08 04:50 PM
    and do you have access to a desktop
    06-21-08 04:50 PM
    You might want to try unintalling the drivers for your bb and reinstalling. That works for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 04:52 PM
    I'm on a laptop... not the same laptop I was using while upgrading, that one restarted randomly while upgrading so I'm not using it now.

How do i uninstall and reinstall drivers?
    06-21-08 04:53 PM
    On the second laptop PC, download and install Desktop Manager v4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22.

Also download and install the OS for your phone and install this on your PC.

Delete the Vendor.xml file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader.

Run Desktop Manager and connect your phone.

If neccessary, Launch the Application Manager and select Start in Add / Remove Applications. The installation should now become automatic.

There are no 'device drivers' for the Blackberry at this level.. There is only Desktop Manager.

If this does not work then do this.

Save this code fragment to a file on your dektop called loader.bat.

set rim=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion
    cd %rim%
    cd Apploader
    ren vendor.xlm vendor.xxx
    loader /nojvm
    ren vendor.xxx vendor.xml
    exit

To do this, right mouse click on your PC Desktop and select New and Text Document. Save or rename this file as loader.bat and Paste the blue code fragment above into the file and save it.

Do not run Desktop Manager. Conect your phone and double click on loader.bat. Again the install should start automatically.
    Last edited by Pete6; 06-21-08 at 05:24 PM.
    06-21-08 05:18 PM
    Thanks so much...

I still didnt have an apploader folder for some reason. But the loader.bat instructions worked perfectly.

After installing the phone had the hourglass for a really long time so I was afraid it didnt work. I left it like that overnight and when i woke up it was magically working.

The reason I was even upgrading was someone told me if you upgrade you can get google applications to run off wifi instead of data (is this even true? I dont think they are working on wifi even with the upgraded os)

THANKS AGAIN!
    06-22-08 12:05 PM
    Glad it works. I can't answer your question about WiFi because my phone does not have it.

The best way is to do a forum search and it that does not throw up answers, just start a new thread. Someone here will have an answer.
    06-22-08 12:23 PM
    I use my Curve with Wifi and the Browser to access Google on the Internet, but it does not work with the Google applications that you download, unless you have BIS and a data plan.
    06-22-08 01:35 PM
    i am having the same problem, and i ve tried your solution and it is not working on my 8800

My desktop manager v is 5.0, my device software is the latest v 4.5

HELP !
    10-09-09 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD