Hi all I need some help I recently found an option in my curve to allow me to use my wireless internet for my browser and then set it so that my calling doesn't go through UMA i was just wondering where this option is because i cant seem to find it again thanks in advanve!
    10-12-09 12:53 AM
    from what i've played with on mine, if u want to use the internet for browsing, you have to use it for talkin at the same time unless u just cut it back and forth when u wanna use it. One way you could do is to set it to "wifi prefered" when ur using ur mobile browser, then just cuz off the wifi feature all together when u wanna make a call

hope that helps
    10-12-09 01:23 AM
    You should be able to prevent UMA calls by going to Connections > Mobile Network Options > Connection Preference = Mobile Network Only.
    10-12-09 07:02 AM
    thanks to you both. WNM thats how i have it set now but i could have sworn that i found a setting that let me pick which connection to use for what service i.e. uma for browser edge for calling and even an email option but idk thanks for all your help!
    10-12-09 08:35 AM
    I don't think you can separate them that way.

Check out this thread for more detailed information. It's been a long times since I looked at it, so I could be wrong.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/
    10-12-09 08:41 AM
    thanks for your help
    10-17-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD