Hi, i recently brought my daughters BB 8520's, on one of the phones the top 4 buttons have stopped working, (Green/Red Phone symbols,BB symbol, return button)...

Is this a common problem... ?

Can it be fixed ? (new screen from cnn)
    07-08-10 06:16 AM
    A new screen will not fix, the buttons your referring to are still part of the keyboard, just where you hit them are part of the screen. If you feel comfortable taking it apart you can see if she spilled something in it and hopes it works, but it will void taking it to sprint. Your best bet is to reload the o.s. to see if that will help, its a sticky on top of this forum, do the o.s. 654 from sprint, and there are directions. If that fails you can see what sprint will do for you. Some stores even on site repair them without sending it out.

I've never seen anything in this forum regarding this, so I'm just assuming something got spilled on it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-10 07:29 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply, i will take it apart tonight and have a look, if not i will try to reload the operating system and see if this helps. Thank you once again
    07-08-10 08:06 AM
    Are you under warranty? Taking it apart will void that.

I'd take it to the store 1st...
    07-08-10 09:41 AM
    Yes don't void your warranty! And a 8520 is not sprint so find your carriers OS and load that. If that doesn't work take it in. If the battery doesn't show it got wet then if under warranty they will replace it more then likely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by fdb8231; 07-08-10 at 10:08 AM.
    07-08-10 10:05 AM
    I would take it to the store first, also. Like what everybody said, don't take the phone apart yet because that'll void the warranty.
    07-08-10 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD