1. princessfloss's Avatar
    oki so i dont know if i should post here but you guys seem real helpful

    i really need help im so stressed out and have researched for 15 hours solid the usb/charging port in my blackberry is broken i have a charging dock thing i just got the phone few days ago (8300) i cant connect the phone to my pc becos the port is broken i wanted to connect via bluetooth so i can put opera on it and get my pay and go wap set up.

    so i buy the bluetooth device all windows drivers connect my bb it connects fine then i cone to the config step the it does not pick the bb up after way to much research and reading i discover BES is installed on it (hence why i the config wont work) so i cant connect to the pc via usb port broke cant connect via bluetooth BES stopping the config

    i really need to get rid of BES is there any way i can get rid of it without connecting to a pc or should i go back to my trusy basic sony erriccson?

    please help me any advice would be great i really am at my witts end

    thanks in advance
    06-10-10 01:24 AM
  2. SoccerRef12's Avatar
    I am totally unfamiliar w/BES, but could you turn off Radio (and hence BES connection) and try to config bluetooth?
    06-10-10 09:54 AM
  3. Denise in Los Angeles's Avatar
    Is your Blackberry a work issued phone?
    06-10-10 11:18 AM
  4. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar
    And if it's not connected to a BES, you need to remove the IT policy. But I'm pretty sure that doing that requires connecting via USB.
    06-10-10 01:42 PM
  5. princessfloss's Avatar
    no its not work issued i got it off a family members friend who used to sue bes i believe iv got a new usb/charging port on order should be here in a few days i just wanted to know if there was anyway to do it without having to connect to a computer
    06-10-10 01:52 PM
  6. Denise in Los Angeles's Avatar
    First you will need to remove the IT policy.
    Last edited by TequilaAddict; 06-10-10 at 02:27 PM.
    06-10-10 02:25 PM
  7. princessfloss's Avatar
    how do i remove it policy?
    06-10-10 02:53 PM
  8. Motorcycle Mama's Avatar

    Once again, you need to be able to connect via USB to remove the IT policy.
    06-10-10 06:57 PM
  9. princessfloss's Avatar
    ok well as i said i have a new port coming my husband can solder so he will put it in for me i gess i just have to wait but thanks you all for your help
    06-10-10 08:43 PM
  10. princessfloss's Avatar
    so i got the new port fitted wont work on my windows 7 laptop on my hubbys pc it shows up as usb device not recognized so yea more problems any advice?
    06-12-10 09:49 AM
  11. Denise in Los Angeles's Avatar
    I would look for a used Curve on ebay... but its up to you if you want to get
    another phone.

    If you buy a phone from ebay, make sure you buy from a seller that has a very
    high positive rating, and pay with paypal.
    06-12-10 01:31 PM