I am taking my wife's BB Curve 8330 to the Sprint store to be swapped out under the warranty. The problem is that she has several saved SMS messages and she wants them to be removed and saved from the phone so she doesn't lose them. Sprint Rep said to fwd each message to an e-mail account, but that is going to take some time.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Brian
    05-21-10 04:12 PM
    Do a backup with Desktop Manager. Restore when replacement device received. What am I missing?
    05-21-10 04:18 PM
    ok. I will try that as well. IS he missing anything? (LOL)
    05-21-10 04:23 PM
    You can also backup any 3rd party applications on her phone using this procedure:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

3rd party apps aren't backed up by the Backup process, only the Device Switch wizard. But that isn't an option if you don't have access to both devices at the same time.

If you have BBSAK, you can back up the apps with that instead.
    05-21-10 04:28 PM
    ok. I will try that as well. IS he missing anything? (LOL)
    He's a sales agent exchanging your device, not a technician and does not have anything really invested in your wife's device. Just learn to use your device and be all the much wiser. You will be amazed at what you can do with just a little bit of knowledge. And you will get a great sense of satisfaction too.
    05-21-10 04:30 PM
    He's a sales agent exchanging your device, not a technician and does not have anything really invested in your wife's device. Just learn to use your device and be all the much wiser. You will be amazed at what you can do with just a little bit of knowledge. And you will get a great sense of satisfaction too.
    Which is why I posted this here before I did anything. I still have the old phone.
    05-21-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD