Ok i got my new blackberry today (first time user) and i installed the desktop manager on to my pc. When i loaded it up it asked for device password and it gives you 10 tries. Now i set a password for my phone and that dont work. I ran out of tries and the phone resets? Now when i turn it back on again its asking me to set the phone up again but there is no signal. Whats the consequences of failing to enter the correct device password? and where do i get this from?

One more thing, when on browser it asks what device you want i.e Internet explorer, firefox etc. Whats the best one? If there is one.

Thanks in advance.
    08-08-09 02:17 PM
    YOU set the password... if you get it wrong and exceed the limit set on the device (it's changeable by you under Options > Password) your personal data and settings are deleted... if you have no signal you can turn that back on in Manage Connections.

Personally I set my browser to be a Blackberry browser, because it any sites built for a mobile device will show up better... but you can always change that if you want to emulate a PC's browser.
    08-08-09 02:28 PM
    Thank you for your help. So once i set up everything again i should be ok?
    08-08-09 02:31 PM
    You should be ok... it's always a good idea to use DM and backup your personal information and settings... I usually do this about once every week or two.
    08-08-09 02:33 PM
    Ok i think i will do that Thanks for help, much appreciated.
    08-08-09 02:41 PM
    One more thing you may not realize. When you choose a numerical password on your phone be sure that you're pressing the alt key. Otherwise youe are actually setting an alpha password. While you won't notice when you're on your device-when you try to enter the password on your PC keyboard it will be incorrect. This happened to me but I figured it out after 2 incorrect tries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 03:04 PM
    Haha thats where i went wrong then. I changed it now. Thanks
    08-08-09 04:04 PM
    You're welcome .

I knew it - I was afraid to plug into DM for 2 days in case I wiped my phone ! I finally had a light bulb moment & realized my mistake.
    08-08-09 04:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD