question if im returning a 8900 n lost the headset will they charge me for it?
    03-11-09 01:42 PM
    most likely or they may not even take it back with out all the original accessories...call anonymously and ask lol
    03-11-09 02:12 PM
    You can just try and see if they don't notice. They may give you a replacement and just not include the headphones in the box with your replacement.

In fact you should mention that as an option if they give you trouble.
    03-11-09 02:15 PM
    The reps at my store didn't check the return boxes all that well. I've got two 256mb micro sd cards now as proof.

\honestly why only 256? the nokia 5610 i got and subsequently returned had a 2gb included!
    03-11-09 02:21 PM
    Those 256 MB cards are a joke.
    03-11-09 02:24 PM
    They probably won't even notice. Just give it a shot. Tell us how it goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 02:24 PM
    Those 256 MB cards are a joke.
    I concur - why even bother? Most of us upgrading to an 8900 already have a 4gb card or larger.
    03-11-09 04:16 PM
    I concur - why even bother? Most of us upgrading to an 8900 already have a 4gb card or larger.
    Thats probably why they don't bother wasting the money on putting in bigger cards
    03-11-09 04:19 PM
    Yeah but why throw in a 256mb card at all then? Take $5 off the cost of the phone, help cover my sales tax!
    03-11-09 04:49 PM
    For those people that are getting their first blackberry, who don't know what a memory card is. And RIM doesn't want to deal with the support calls they would get because they filled the internal memory by playing with the camera for the first week while trying to figure out how to get the autofocus to work and they don't know how to delete pictures yet which is causing their phone to slow down or is giving them errors when they try to take a picture of something else?

Just a guess I really have no idea
    03-11-09 04:54 PM
    For those people that are getting their first blackberry, who don't know what a memory card is. And RIM doesn't want to deal with the support calls they would get because they filled the internal memory by playing with the camera for the first week while trying to figure out how to get the autofocus to work and they don't know how to delete pictures yet which is causing their phone to slow down or is giving them errors when they try to take a picture of something else?

Just a guess I really have no idea
    The memory card doesn't have anything to do with RIM, it has to do with a decision T-mobile made. The 8900 normally does not come with a memory card at all. My Rogers branded 8900 did not come with one.
    03-11-09 06:18 PM
    LOL ok then, fair enough!

I just think the size to include is ridiculous. It was just an attempt to make themselves look good without actually doing anything, in my opinion. The price of memory is so cheap, especially to someone with big buying power like T-mobile that it would have made much more of an impact for them to include a 1GB card instead. The price difference would not have been much for them to do that and that upgrade is big enough to be useful for the average user.
    03-11-09 06:25 PM
    The memory card doesn't have anything to do with RIM, it has to do with a decision T-mobile made. The 8900 normally does not come with a memory card at all. My Rogers branded 8900 did not come with one.
    Didn't know that, well switch T-mobile for RIM and my guess stays the same.
    03-11-09 06:26 PM
    LOL ok then, fair enough!

I just think the size to include is ridiculous. It was just an attempt to make themselves look good without actually doing anything, in my opinion. The price of memory is so cheap, especially to someone with big buying power like T-mobile that it would have made much more of an impact for them to include a 1GB card instead. The price difference would not have been much for them to do that and that upgrade is big enough to be useful for the average user.
    It is a ploy to sell larger cards they include the 256 ppl fill it up quickly and then go back into the store and they buy a 2GB for 50 bucks.

Just standard marketing.
    03-11-09 06:48 PM
    Its probably a little bit of everything...
    03-11-09 11:15 PM
    It is a ploy to sell larger cards they include the 256 ppl fill it up quickly and then go back into the store and they buy a 2GB for 50 bucks.

Just standard marketing.
    If anyone wants to pay $50 for a 2gb microSD....PM me , i'll throw in free express shipping!
    03-11-09 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD