Hey everyone, well I have basically one e-mail box that I used for everything, is there anyway to have my GMail not receive some e-mail from different people? Like I have a bunch of e-mail newsletters that aren't urgent that I need them on my phone. I have them normally sent straight to a label in my GMail so I can read them when I have a few extra minutes. But I wasn't sure if there was anything to do in GMail or on my blackberry to not receive different e-mails.

thanks!
    07-20-09 04:14 PM
    You can set up filters on the Gmail account under the settings link when logged in. Not sure how that will work exactly with forwarding but if all else fails, you can log on to you're carrier's BIS page and set up specific filters for that email address(es) using the "from field" option on each occasion and then set to "not forward to device" when messages come from those individuals.
    07-20-09 04:46 PM
    What he said. You can set up filters based on just about any criteria you see fit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 07:32 PM
    you are archiving them right away so they will not hit the filter even. you need to not archive them on gmail.
    07-20-09 10:07 PM
    via BIS page? or via GMail? Cause when I tried adding somestuff, it seemed no matter what I did in GMail it still went to my phone no matter what I tried. Like when I chose to skip inbox/straight archive it it still went in my phone (just didn't show up as new)
    07-21-09 08:36 AM
    hmmm. do you still get a email to yourself after you send an email from your BB? Like a copy of what you wrote?
    Last edited by crackberryvirgin; 07-21-09 at 11:56 AM. Reason: added line
    07-21-09 11:55 AM
    via BIS page? or via GMail? Cause when I tried adding somestuff, it seemed no matter what I did in GMail it still went to my phone no matter what I tried. Like when I chose to skip inbox/straight archive it it still went in my phone (just didn't show up as new)
    If that's failing you, use the BIS filters instead.
    07-21-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD