I've been rhinestoning my phones for many years and while I get nothing but positives responses everywhere I go and have done countless phones for other people....when I posted pics of my phone on this site to make a point that it had eliminated the flimsy door problem because the weight of the stones keeps it in place, I got some very surprising negative replies (from men of course) that my phone looked terrible after putting the crystals on in. This lead to curiosity on what a few more of you thought on the matter....please don't be nasty as a few had been before, its just not necessary but I would like to know what more of you think around the globe, I live in Arizona and it is much loved here!

Sorry pics aren't the clearest but you get the idea. Let me just say that I only use swarovski crystals so the quality is of the highest, and the sparkle/brilliance is not depicted in the pics.
    Last edited by Kelly Maxey; 02-25-09 at 11:53 AM.
    02-25-09 11:36 AM
    Not for me, sorry.
    02-25-09 11:36 AM
    A blackberry is meant as a business device, and nobody would take me seriously in terms of business when my phone is shiny and sparkly.

Looks nice and very detailed, but not my cup of tea.
    02-25-09 11:54 AM
    While I think you've done a very precise and good job on it, I don't like it. But then again, I'm not a fan of the bedazzler either so maybe its just me.
    02-25-09 12:02 PM
    I'm a girly girl who loves bling but I'd never stone my phone. Mostly because I enjoy changing my themes and I get a little OCD if the wallpaper doesn't coordinate with the case or color of my phone. Now, a rhinestoned case I would totally do on occasion for fun!

Its your phone. If you love it all iced out, enjoy! Regardless of others' opinions.
    02-25-09 12:02 PM
    I think it looks great based on the fact that you like it.. I don't see any difference in doing what you did or putting on a otterbox case, silicone skin, Zagg... Each makes the phone look different and each allows each owner to customize their own phone.. Heck the front page has a contest for a free colorware 8900 and some of those colors are out their, but obviously some people like them of they wouldn't have them as choices.

Not my cup of tea either, but I'm not going to bash you for doing that to a phone that is yours.
    02-25-09 12:03 PM
    Even though it's tacky, it's your device and that's a great way to personalize it
    02-25-09 12:05 PM
    I think it looks like a professional job an all, but I'm not the type that's into those things, i rarely even wear jewelery. But i know that my girlfriend would LOVE her phone to be like that, so as it's been said before, it's all about your tastes. If you like it, who cares what others think.
    02-25-09 12:09 PM
    To each their own. Some like it naked, some like skins, some like cases. Who cares what other people think? It's your phone! Do what pleases you.
    02-25-09 12:13 PM
    A blackberry is meant as a business device, and nobody would take me seriously in terms of business when my phone is shiny and sparkly.

Looks nice and very detailed, but not my cup of tea.
    I don;t think this is true at all anymore. The BlackBerry USED to be meant as a business device. Today's blackberries (Pearl, Curve, Javelin (pictured), and the Storm) are meant to appeal to much more than the business community. They play MP3's, Movies, YouTube, and have a plethora of applications and games and themes available. To say it's still solely a business device is pretty ignorant...
    02-25-09 12:17 PM
    Yeah i think it looks really nice but I would never do it, simply because I like to change the look of my berry so often with new skins and all that good stuff
    02-25-09 12:49 PM
    Not for me but if you did that yourself, you have mad rhinestone skills!
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
    It is definitely not something I would do to my phone, but you did a great job with it. I am very impressed!
    02-25-09 01:01 PM
    It looks nice. I'm amazed you have the patience to sit there that long.
    02-25-09 01:04 PM
    Blackberrys are meant to be a business phone and even for a personal use phone I think the crystals are a bit much I love sparkly and shiny(I am a big girly girl) but I would never do that to my blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mrsjackd; 02-25-09 at 01:11 PM.
    02-25-09 01:07 PM
    Although you did a really good job, I think that kind of stuff is for 15-year old girls (or Paris Hilton lol). I'm a 28-year old female, btw.
    02-25-09 01:15 PM
    Nice job but I wouldn't do that to my phone unless I wanted to get robbed.
    02-25-09 01:20 PM
    I've been rhinestoning my phones for many years and while I get nothing but positives responses everywhere I go and have done countless phones for other people....when I posted pics of my phone on this site to make a point that it had eliminated the flimsy door problem because the weight of the stones keeps it in place, I got some very surprising negative replies (from men of course) that my phone looked terrible after putting the crystals on in. This lead to curiosity on what a few more of you thought on the matter....please don't be nasty as a few had been before, its just not necessary but I would like to know what more of you think around the globe, I live in Arizona and it is much loved here!

Sorry pics aren't the clearest but you get the idea. Let me just say that I only use swarovski crystals so the quality is of the highest, and the sparkle/brilliance is not depicted in the pics.
    Well i dont see any need to bash you for doing this. Honestly I think it looks great for what it is. Sure, its not my cup of tea but thats to be expected of me of course since im a guy. So naturally I dont like this sirt of thing but I think that you did an incredible job on it and I have to applaud the skill that it takes to do something like that. Also, I read that you put an invisible skin on the phone first before bedazzling it. You get extra points for that.

Anyways, long story short...dont worry about the negative responses. Its YOUR phone and youve truly customized it to fit who YOU are. Great job
    02-25-09 01:29 PM
    p.s. feel free to add me to your bbm
    02-25-09 01:36 PM
    What happened to the other thread just the other day where we were talking about the same thing?

It is impressive for sure but I don't like it either. Either way I think you did a great job!
    02-25-09 01:37 PM
    Thank you so far for all your comments, Yes I do agree that you may do whatever you like to your own phone thus my creativity and thanks to the people that said it was done in good taste even though it wasn't for them. I am a perfectionist and yes my wallpaper does match...but that is precisey why I did clear crystals around the front casing so I could change if I wanted to without having to worry about it. Anyway, thanks for your comments, I'm entertained by your thoughts.
    02-25-09 02:05 PM
    WOWWWWWWWW!!!! That is pretty crayz. Definitely sick. looks good on the new curve. and i have to agree with majik, if blackberries were just for business then they would have stuck with plain black pager style joints, and by the way they make phones out of white gold with diamonds for business men (VERTU), id almost take the person who has the iced out gold phone then your ignorant self.
    02-26-09 11:07 AM
    I think it is easier for people to bash you on the internet as opposed to in person.... that is why you get more bashing here.
    02-26-09 11:37 AM
    No. I'm pretty sure I'd take the opportunity to bash that in person. lol.

Not my style. But good times.
    02-26-09 11:49 AM
    What happened to the other thread just the other day where we were talking about the same thing?

It is impressive for sure but I don't like it either. Either way I think you did a great job!
    I was just thinking that. I remember posting that my eyes were burning. Ha.
    02-26-09 11:52 AM
91 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD