the title said it.
    05-19-09 06:32 PM
    I have a 8900. If you load .174, .199, .206, .231(?), .239(?) you will get great battery life on the 8900. I have not used the Bold, but I would think that it would get worse battery life because of the 3G.
    05-19-09 06:43 PM
    According the specs the 8900 has better battery life. The reality
    is that it all comes down to how and what you use it for.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    05-19-09 07:00 PM
    The reality
    is that it all comes down to how and what you use it for.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry | Wireless Handheld Devices, Software & Services from Research In Motion (RIM)
    Well said AG...
    05-19-09 07:02 PM
    Here's my $0.02 on Bold battery life.

It has worse battery life than my Pearl did. That said, if I actually USED my Pearl the way I use my Bold, it probably wouldn't have had very good battery life either.

The Bold and the 8900 would most likely come out even in terms of battery life if you limited the trial to the same amount of traffic, probably with the edge on the 8900 side because 3G is less efficient.

HOWEVER. If you have a Bold, you *will* use more data just because you can. That means you're going to get shorter battery life (and quite possibly a heftier data bill). Is this a point in favor of the Bold, or against it? Well, you'll have to decide that for yourself.

IMO, the choice between the Bold and the 8900 comes down to 3G vs. UMA. UMA will save you money. 3G will cost you more money. It's your call which you want. I chose the Bold, and I don't at all regret it. Both are solid phones.
    05-19-09 07:08 PM
    Just to add, Wi-Fi saves you battery life. When I had my Bold for the first month I didn't even bother to connect it to my router at work. I spend about 10 hours a day at work. Well when I decided to just connect it, battery life was preserved. And all this with the same usage. Also, here at work I get the full 5 bars of 3G. I remember I would have to charge the phone the last hour and a half at work so it wouldn't die on me at the gym. I no longer have to do that anymore.

I did use my friend's 8900 for three days and had it connected to Wi-Fi and had pretty much the same battery life.
    05-19-09 07:10 PM
    Just to add, Wi-Fi saves you battery life.
    This has been my experience as well.
    05-19-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD