I have a 8900 and I cannot remove the keyboard lock no matter what I do or what version of OS I load. I have already done battery pulls, software upgrades, downgrades, all of it!!! Any suggestions? I have included a screenshot, if you look closely you will see a little red padlock looking icon to the left of the word "ENABLE". Thanks for any help...
    03-13-09 01:05 PM
    Weird. Never seen this before. Did you enable it yourself, or did it come that way?
    03-13-09 01:12 PM
    Hey, I resolved this finally. I used the CrackUtil tool and did a reset IT Policy and that cleared the lock. I guess whoever I bought the phone from their company enforced this lock policy. Anyway, just wanted to let others know in case they had the same issue. Take Care.
    03-13-09 02:55 PM
    This also happens when you encrypt the media card.....

So, to disable the password:
    Options --> Advanced Options --> Media Card --> Encryption Mode = 'None'

Then go back to:
    Options --> Security Options --> General Settings --> Enable/Disable should appear.
    03-13-09 03:50 PM
    Hey, I resolved this finally. I used the CrackUtil tool and did a reset IT Policy and that cleared the lock. I guess whoever I bought the phone from their company enforced this lock policy. Anyway, just wanted to let others know in case they had the same issue. Take Care.
    thx a lot man, i had also the same problem and your solution worked. the only downside it that it reset settings on my phone and i had to do them all over again but it was worth it anyway
    03-14-09 05:01 AM
    That is what CrackUtil is designed to do. It's why I wrote it. If it comes back, please re-post here as there is a piece of stupidity around a file called policy.bin and a single registry entry.
    03-14-09 07:35 AM
    ok i actually just made th mistake of posting the same thing..... (notice the name)
    What is this Crackutil and where do i find it ? help!

duh...forget it ...it's right there in the sig....man am I dumb !
    03-18-09 02:40 PM
    ok i actually just made th mistake of posting the same thing..... (notice the name)
    What is this Crackutil and where do i find it ? help!

duh...forget it ...it's right there in the sig....man am I dumb !
    Nope! bbnoob, you found it. Its useful tool, used it several times myself. Thanks to pete for putting it up and together
    03-19-09 12:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD