Hi. Somehow I have managed to hardlock my curve as I was trying to enter an unlock code for my BB. is there anyway I can sort this out so I can use my phone or am I well and truely stuffed?

Many thanks for any assistance as I am a blackberry new comer!
    08-24-09 11:59 AM
    What exactly is a hardlock?
    08-24-09 12:06 PM
    What exactly is a hardlock?
    Means if you enter an SIM subsidy unlock code incorrectly a certain number of times, the phone hardlocks itself, preventing any more attempts of entering the unlock code. Therefore a hardware unlocking solution is needed. I'm assuming this is what the OP is meaning.

As for the OP comment, why didn't you just call T-Mobile for the unlock code?
    08-25-09 04:38 AM
    Thats exactly what I mean bt hardlocking.

I was told that I needed to use the BB for 3 months before t-mobile would provide the unlock code.

In any event it has been done. Can it be reversed?
    08-25-09 05:16 AM
    Since I haven't screwed locked a GSM phone, I would suggest these unbricking instructions for a completely smoked BB as if it was interrupted during an OS upgrade., Find the following Crackberry article

blackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry

To unlock a GSM BB, you may continue with unlock codes but another method and my preference is just reflash it using MML, it is found across the P2P networks and rapid sharing sites and will restore any USB connected BB to a factory and neutral carrier state.

There are loads of instructions across the web including countless forums to help the uninitiated in the event something fails. BE ADVISED, IF FLASHING DEVICES AND UPGRADING OS's IS SOMETHING YOU'RE FEARFUL OF THEN HIRE THAT SMART KID WHO USUALLY FIXES YOUR OTHER STUFF TO DO PERFORM THIS OPERATION.

Ensure you're PIM data is sync'd since flashing the phone for any reason including carrier neutralization also flushes your PIM.

MML and flashing doesn't apply to CDMA phones but the MML application is still useful for diagnosing any BB and also generating engineering menu unlock codes.
    08-26-09 11:23 PM
    The OP has already got to the stage where skilled help is required, failure on uinlock code is hardly a good sign for successfully completing a full reflash using stolen and cracked software from a dodgy download site, and no expert help available.

Considering the OP is posting from an IP address allocated to a service in Africa which identifies as "Skyband" (suggests satellite link?) the download cost may be excessive and will be extremely bandwidth intensive. Charges to pull down several hunderd megabytes may actually exceed the value of the phone.

To the OP: It is likely that experienced hands-on phone unlockers will exist somewhere near your physical location. My advice is to pay what it takes because it will be cheaper and more reliable than trying to do it yourself at this stage.
    08-27-09 04:29 AM
    Unlocking a hardlocked BB requires to use special software and bypassing the lock counter.
    We can unlock the hardlocked Blackberry 8900
    10-16-10 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD