My phone has ben acting wierd. like emails from my employer will unmark them selfs to unread. Pictures wont store to my contacts.

Iv reloaded my software with the apploader but some of my old settings remained the same.

Are there backdoors into these phones like trojans? If so How do i completely wipe all software and reinstall.
    04-23-10 09:56 PM
    There are no backdoors into BlackBerry devices. However, there is a side door in the form of an IT Policy. If your device is on your employer's BES, an IT Policy could be controlling whether you can store pics in contacts and the BES could also be reloading emails you have already read. Are you a BES user?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 10:04 PM
    i did have enterprise setup enabled, but its my personal phone and on a personal boost mobile account.

I have suspicion of it being hacked only cause I had a previous employer do this to another one of my nextel phones. I cant prove it but it was like he was in my head but it turned out he was only in my phone. So the personal stuff I would tell my father he knew and tried to use that information to manipulate me.

One time they even made my old nextel type to me. **PPW** , it means price per week , after i googled it. That was a 500$ day. everything went wrong and I nearly got locked into a mental ward over it but the security gaurd was hip on cell phone "hijacking / tapping" .

In the industry Im in contacts and information is very valuable. I don't even like rooming with people or leaving my phone alone in any room because of this now, and im very paranoid.

Now in a day and age where you can use a linux computer astrix a SIP provider and special tapping software almost anything is possible.e
    04-23-10 10:31 PM
    wait.. i think i hear some black helicopters flying overhead...
    04-24-10 10:27 PM
    If you add your personal BB to BES you give up all control of it and let your employer do as he wishes. If you need BES, let your employer give you a work BB. Otherwise, don't add your personal device to BES.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    04-24-10 10:39 PM
    I nearly got locked into a mental ward over it but the security gaurd was hip on cell phone "hijacking / tapping" .
    And you're not now? I doubt there is someone hacking your phone and your just very paranoid.
    04-24-10 11:55 PM
    It means your employer is reading your emails before you do and that's nothing to do with blackberry, bis or bes. It happens to me a lot to email somebody in the accounts department and to get read reports from that person but also the manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 04:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD