Ok, so today I decided to take a shot at wiping my blackberry. Not knowing what was gonna happen I backed up everything. I wiped my bb and it reset to factory defaults. You DO have the option to keep your applications if u choose. I got rid of mine. I then re-installed my OS. After re-establishing my contacts and messages, I came out to having 61MB free file. Phone runs great!!!! Questions? Feel free to ask. Give feedback if you do try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 10:17 PM
    Removing unused applications like help, brick breaker, password keeper, tasks etc will certainly free up a lot of space on the device. I did the same thing when I had my 8330 and the device improved significantly in speed and usability.
    06-19-10 10:19 PM
    I know! Also there's the "maxmem" app that can help get rid of voice dialing if you never use it. That's another 10 mb

06-19-10 10:21 PM
    Yupp - also the folks at BBHybrids have "Shrink-A-OS" which allows you to manipulate which files and such you load to the device, much like maxmem does.
    06-19-10 10:22 PM
    That's my next risk ill take. I have a replacement phone I just bought so it gives me a chance to take a chance on shrinking

06-19-10 10:26 PM
    Try shrinking, and also you can try some hybrids - depending how comfortable you get
    06-19-10 10:27 PM
    I shall. Hopefully it'll work.

06-19-10 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD