Greetings to all, I have just invested in a Blackberry curve 8330 from Sprint, I have not received it yet but have been doing some research. First let me start by saying that I'm coming from a Windows Mobile phone (The Mogul) which I absoultely loved, I intended on geting the touch pro, but due to money restraints I went with the cheaper Curve. Now I must say I think I'm downgrading due to the fact that I lose the touchscreen, threaded txts capabilites and the superior browser (such as opera mobile, which isn't compatible with blackberrys). With that being said, I still feel I can have a great experience with this blackberry. So I would like to know what are some of the must have apps for this phone, I'm a fairly casual user, and won't be using it for much business. Also, is their an app that will allow similar threaded text such as on windows mobile devices. Last but not least, with the windows mobile phones I was able to load custom roms onto the device, is it possible to load a custom os onto the curve and if so where due I obtain one. Thanks for reading and hopefully responding, and thanks for having me on Crackberry.
    04-03-09 03:17 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. Clcik on the newbie link in my signature. this will get you a great start. Lots of other areas that have many questions answered. feel free to search around and I am sure a subject about it. once again welcome
    04-03-09 03:19 PM
    Opera Mini works on BB's. No custom OS's for BB's.

For apps:http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/cur...2/#post2173027

And, welcome to CB.
    04-03-09 03:21 PM
    Thanks for your help so far guys, just one thing Opera mini and Opera mobile although both made by opera are different I use to think they were one and the same myself, but thanks for letting me know mini will work
    04-03-09 03:28 PM
    Thanks for your help so far guys, just one thing Opera mini and Opera mobile although both made by opera are different I use to think they were one and the same myself, but thanks for letting me know mini will work
    I'm new to BB also, I have a verizon 8330. I downloaded the new bolt browser and like it better than opera mini. It shows me things on websites that opera doesn't. Read the faq, it explains features fast and easy.
    04-03-09 03:45 PM
    C.A.G.E.... Welcome I too came from the windows mobile & the Mogul. I thought the same thing as you but now that I have the BB Curve8330 I will never go without a BB. The 8330 is my only BB & its by far a better all round phone compared to all the other window mobile phones that I've had, IMO.
    04-03-09 05:01 PM
    I came from the 800w and the touch pro and I have to say I will never go back to winmo ever again.
    Battery life is way better with the blackberry
    As far as the threaded sms you get used to the non threaded that BB has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 05:11 PM
    Thanks guys, hopefully my experience is as great as yours' has been
    04-03-09 09:14 PM
    Welcome to the addiction...
    04-03-09 09:28 PM
    I just bought my first BlackBerry about 2 hours ago (online). I hear you guys talking about operating systems and I wonder if mine will have the most up-to-date OS when I get it.

((Sorry if that's a stupid question))
    Thanks!
    04-03-09 11:09 PM
    It depends on where you bought it from.
    Sprint will prob have the updated os
    Anywhere else like craigslist or ebay may not.
    When you get it turned on hit alt and shift and the H key and it will tell you what version you have

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 11:41 PM
    App-wise, I love iheartradio and slacker. Together they make listening to music amazing And they're free. What's better than that?
    04-04-09 12:20 AM
    I switched from a Mogul to a 8330 too about a month ago. I love it too.
    04-04-09 12:28 AM
    Welcome to the Crackberry Addiction
    04-04-09 12:39 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    I got my first Blackberry last year and honestly i don't know what i would do without it now. You grow to rely on it more than you think.
    It really is a great phone.
    Enjoy!
    04-04-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD