im very new to blackberry i had my phone about a week,and this green flashing light wont go off,i cant find out how to do it,but think it may be to do with wi-fi?
    can anyone explain to this lil old lady what the heck i can do to switch it off,in idiots terms hehehe,.im getting mad as heck with it,as if theres not enuff to learn already about this.lol. love Ann.xx
    06-11-10 11:06 AM
    im very new to blackberry i had my phone about a week,and this green flashing light wont go off,i cant find out how to do it,but think it may be to do with wi-fi?
    can anyone explain to this lil old lady what the heck i can do to switch it off,in idiots terms hehehe,.im getting mad as heck with it,as if theres not enuff to learn already about this.lol. love Ann.xx
    Try Options/Screen/Keyboard scroll down to Led coverage indicator and turn it off....That light is your coverage indicator..
    Last edited by Cynamonne; 06-11-10 at 11:20 AM.
    06-11-10 11:18 AM
    The light does more than just your coverage indicator. It lets you know when you have new email, BBM, SMS, missed calls, Voicemail and more
    06-11-10 12:14 PM
    And welcome to Crackberry.
    06-11-10 12:15 PM
    The light does more than just your coverage indicator. It lets you know when you have new email, BBM, SMS, missed calls, Voicemail and more
    OP was asking about the green flashing light, which is just the coverage indicator. It will be red for the kinds of messages you listed. This can all be changed with an app like BerryBuzz though.
    06-11-10 01:11 PM
    My green light is flashing also. I checked the coverage indicator and it is already set to "off." Any other suggestions?
    06-19-10 05:18 PM
    It was already set to "off" when I went into it, so there were no changes to save.
    06-19-10 06:48 PM
    Time to try a battery pull then.
    06-19-10 07:15 PM
    Oddly enough, after receiving the two e-mail notifications about this thread, the light stopped blinking I will still pull the battery though. It definitely cannot hurt. Thanks!
    06-19-10 08:22 PM
    I have a problem I need help with also, I have a flashing red light on my blackberry 8520 if flashes red 5 times then stops and them a few seconds later it flashes 5 times again, and so on, I have no unread messages, does anyone know why its doing that?
    07-05-10 09:43 PM
    I have a problem I need help with also, I have a flashing red light on my blackberry 8520 if flashes red 5 times then stops and them a few seconds later it flashes 5 times again, and so on, I have no unread messages, does anyone know why its doing that?
    Try doing a battery pull. That'll stop the blinking light.
    07-05-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD