Anyone else have this problem? When I connect my BB, DM tells me I already have the newest version. I'm still on .83. I wasn't able to install the last "unofficial" update either.
    02-07-09 03:58 AM
    So everyone is able to update? I uninstalled DM and downloaded the newest version. Now when I try to do the update, it gives me an error message. It says I'm not able to do the update because I'm on BES (which I'm not) or because I have Blackberry Professional Software (don't know what this is).
    02-07-09 03:17 PM
    Now that you've reloaded the newest DM, have you done a hard boot on the phone? (Battery pull)?
    02-07-09 03:19 PM
    Now that you've reloaded the newest DM, have you done a hard boot on the phone? (Battery pull)?
    Yes, tried restarting the computer and a battery pull. Did a battery pull again just now, but nothing.

I'm wondering if this is a Vista thing...Anyone else using Vista?
    02-07-09 03:49 PM
    Vista is the problem. For some reason DM doesn't jive well with vista

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-09 05:08 PM
    well i am on vista and from what i understand it is that the dm has to be setup in administrator mode in order for it to work properly although i have tried this i saw no changes. it doesn't give me the option for media manager.
    02-07-09 05:30 PM
    well i am on vista and from what i understand it is that the dm has to be setup in administrator mode in order for it to work properly although i have tried this i saw no changes. it doesn't give me the option for media manager.
    I have the media manager installed. I can synch and do back-ups just fine. I just can't get the latest update.
    02-07-09 06:04 PM
    you said that you got the latest version of dm? well can you go back to the previous one?
    02-07-09 06:08 PM
    you said that you got the latest version of dm? well can you go back to the previous one?
    I suppose I could find the CD somewhere, but that version didn't give me the update either. That's why I downloaded the newest version. If I check for updates using DM, it tells me I have the newest version. If I check from the website, it gives me an error message about being on BES or using Blackberry Professional Software.
    02-07-09 06:19 PM
    well i just plugged my phone in and it popped up instantly almost. I used the disk that came with the phone so i have no clue of wht the latest version looks like, dude I'm sorry but i haven't a clue of what to do except for go the website and download it correctly.
    02-07-09 06:32 PM
    No problem. Thanks for trying to help.
    02-07-09 06:48 PM
    the latest update link is posted here at the top of the thread list.
    02-07-09 07:05 PM
    Just installed the update today. Text messaging is completely remedied. No longer do I have to turn the phone off to receive texts anymore. They finally got their act together. Oh, this is my first post and first blackberry. So what's up everyone.
    02-07-09 07:07 PM
    whats up 99? I'm updating mine as we speak! taking a while to connect. Connecting to device bar is moving too slow to recognize a difference.
    02-07-09 07:10 PM
    whats up 99? I'm updating mine as we speak! taking a while to connect. Connecting to device bar is moving too slow to recognize a difference.
    Yea, it took the better part of an hour for mine to complete from start to finish. Oh well, as long as it fixed everything, it could take 3 days. It was a headache with the text messaging because that's one of the main uses I had for buying it with the keyboard.
    02-07-09 07:16 PM
    yeah it is taking forever but its now connected and restoring data! i seldomly had text issues but after doing the last update which was pulled off the web i just thought i might need it. but wanted to wait to see what everyone elses response was first.
    02-07-09 07:21 PM
    the latest update link is posted here at the top of the thread list.
    That links confuses me. It says it's .142, but I think the update everyone is talking about is .128. I clicked through the download page and under the .142 update, it lists .83 as the application. Is this the old (stock) version?

I can't find a direct download for te .128 update. All the links just pull up DM and DM keeps telling me there is no update. It's starting to look like I'll never get text messaging on this phone. I'll be calling Sprint on Monday for a return box.
    02-07-09 07:26 PM
    That links confuses me. It says it's .142, but I think the update everyone is talking about is .128. I clicked through the download page and under the .142 update, it lists .83 as the application. Is this the old (stock) version?

I can't find a direct download for te .128 update. All the links just pull up DM and DM keeps telling me there is no update. It's starting to look like I'll never get text messaging on this phone. I'll be calling Sprint on Monday for a return box.
    U have the latest desktop manager? That may be your problem if u don't.
    02-07-09 07:36 PM
    U have the latest desktop manager? That may be your problem if u don't.
    Yes, as mentioned earlier, I downloaded the latest version off the website. I've also tried with an earlier version. I'm kind of surprised no one else is having this problem.
    02-07-09 08:53 PM
    I am getting the following when trying via the web site:

If your BlackBerry� smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server or BlackBerry� Professional Software, your IT department may have plans for updating your smartphone�s software already.

If I use DM I get no updates available.

Running XP SP3 with DM 4.7

So you are not the only one, and **** I am the BB admin for my company. I have tried to find the software to download, I could only find the Telus branded version.
    02-07-09 09:02 PM
    I was able to do two phones in just under an hour. Using Vista. Latest version of DM. Clicking on the check for updates found nothing. Clicking on the application loader worked for me. So far no problems.

Wifeys phone had some intermittent MMS problems like others, but this has fixed it. GPS is working fast. Don't have google maps so can't answer about that. All else appears to be working.

I got that direct send messages folder in my downloads, but it doesn't do anything. In the options<advanced options, wireless update is there and functional.

One change I noticed is that you can set different ring tones for each e-mail account now. Prior to the update they all used the same tone.
    02-07-09 09:10 PM
    I am getting the following when trying via the web site:

If your BlackBerry� smartphone is integrated with a BlackBerry� Enterprise Server or BlackBerry� Professional Software, your IT department may have plans for updating your smartphone�s software already.

If I use DM I get no updates available.

Running XP SP3 with DM 4.7

So you are not the only one, and **** I am the BB admin for my company. I have tried to find the software to download, I could only find the Telus branded version.
    Yes, I'm getting a similar message. It sounds like you're on BES then? I'm not but I still get a similar message. I guess things could be worse now that I read your post. At least people aren't bugging me about their 8350's.

I've tried through application loader too. I just get "No software update is required for your device."
    02-07-09 09:21 PM
    I have BB pro so I did a wipe first then was able to complete update then I activated BB pro and all GOOD.

02-07-09 09:28 PM
    I have BB pro so I did a wipe first then was able to complete update then I activated BB pro and all GOOD.

What's BB Pro?
    02-07-09 09:36 PM
    BlackBerry Professional Software

02-08-09 12:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD