Does anyone have this installed?
    I do and its taking up a HUGe source or my memory. I dont think its really worth it since I get my Gmail in my messages, but I want Google News.

I've gone through the memory opt. thread and that stuff is confusing lol

What apps should I remove to get more memory? I have a media card installed. So I dont get it.

Thanks.
    10-06-08 07:11 AM
    I have it installed primarily for Google Sync.
    -Seamless synchronization with Google Calendar from BlackBerry's calendar.
    -Gmail is nice to have just in case BIS email push is acting fruity.
    -News only directs BlackBerry browser to Google News Mobile.
    -Google Maps is amazing if only for street view.

I use it and it doesn't seem to slow things down by much if at all. You just need to remember to close any apps you aren't using (the easiest way is to press menu>switch applications, this will tell you what's open).
    10-06-08 07:18 AM
    i downloaded it and love it! It didn't slow my device down. i use the search, news and RSS reader a lot.

i had VIIGO which took up so much memory and made my berry lag badly. So i deleted that and use google reader.

i didn't download GOOGLE MAPS , which seems to use a lot of memory, because i use VZ NAV and LIVE SEARCH.

You can't save apps to the media card. Only the device memory. That is why you are running into space issues.

Go through all your apps and deleted the ones you don't use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-06-08 at 07:40 AM.
    10-06-08 07:29 AM
    Yeah I had VIIGO too, then noticed my berry running very slow and deleted it as a memory experiment. I instantly got almost 9mb more file free memory back.
    10-06-08 12:50 PM
    I have maps, sync, gmail AND Google apps. I probably should delete the singles.
    10-06-08 01:27 PM
    i have google maps and my gmail pushed to me, so i have no reason to download the google mobile app
    10-06-08 01:31 PM
    i have google maps and my gmail pushed to me, so i have no reason to download the google mobile app
    Or, I could do it your way... LOL!
    10-06-08 01:43 PM
    I do and its taking up a HUGe source or my memory. I dont think its really worth it since I get my Gmail in my messages, but I want Google News.

What apps should I remove to get more memory? I have a media card installed. So I dont get it.

Thanks.
    I have both the Google Apps and Google Maps installed. They don't seem to take up a lot of memory.

The memory optimization thread is a little confusing. I know I had to read through a couple of times. In the basics part you are essentially uninstalling parts of the OS you don't want to use using App Loader. You can always reinstall. In the more advanced section, you are moving parts of the OS from the OS folder to a saved location. When you start DM, it thinks there is an upgrade and removes the those parts of the OS. Again, you can always copy the files back from the saved location to the OS folder. DM will then reinstall them.

Crackmem is a good tool for memory optimization and offers additional explanation as to what is going on.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    10-06-08 01:45 PM
    I have maps, sync, gmail AND Google apps. I probably should delete the singles.
    actually google apps has to have gmail and maps installed in order to use them. So if you delete the google maps app, you wont have access to it within google apps.
    10-06-08 01:46 PM

Thanks.
    I have both the Google Apps and Google Maps installed. They don't seem to take up a lot of memory.

The memory optimization thread is a little confusing. I know I had to read through a couple of times. In the basics part you are essentially uninstalling parts of the OS you don't want to use using App Loader. You can always reinstall. In the more advanced section, you are moving parts of the OS from the OS folder to a saved location. When you start DM, it thinks there is an upgrade and removes the those parts of the OS. Again, you can always copy the files back from the saved location to the OS folder. DM will then reinstall them.

Crackmem is a good tool for memory optimization and offers additional explanation as to what is going on.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    10-06-08 01:52 PM
    actually google apps has to have gmail and maps installed in order to use them. So if you delete the google maps app, you wont have access to it within google apps.
    If only you had posted but a minute earlier!!!
    10-06-08 02:16 PM
    I installed Google Mobile App a few days ago and have not noticed any change. I use to use GMail but deleted it and now get my GMail via BIS. The reason I did this was because I noticed that when someone sent me an email with a video attachment it would not open. I forwarded the email to another account that uses BIS and it was fine. So I dumped the GMail app. It was nice having access to all my mail and contacts but not needed.
    10-06-08 08:24 PM

Thanks.
    how do you figure out how much memory an app is taking up?
    10-06-08 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD