I've downloaded Google maps 3.0.2 to my new Blackberry 8900. I have t-moblie and am on my work BES. For some reason I cannot install the google maps...I keep getting an error that says I am not on a data plan. Any thoughts or input on how to successfully install?
    06-28-09 09:59 PM
    My bf & I do not have the data plan but I was able to download the google map, which has traffic all the time shown on the map and it's a gps and I don't know how in the world we're able to do it because I tried adding the map onto my sister's phone and it doesn't work. When I called T-mobile they also said that she has to get the data plan, but my bf & i didn't have the data plan and ours still worked- weird. We probably got lucky & slipped through the system somehow. But Try going to "options", "host routing table", and try to push "menu" and "register now". I compared my phone to hers and she couldn't register her phone in the host routing and I have a long list of T-mobile host routing so I'm thinking this is the difference. Also, on your internet browser- not the phone's browser, go to "browser configuration" and make sure ur browser is set on "blackberry". Hope it works for you. If i can get my sister's to work, I'll let u know.
    07-14-09 08:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD