Hiya,

I've been using Google Maps since I got my Curve and have been very happy with the real-time accuracy of the blue "you are here" dot, even while in a moving car.

In the last week or two, my blue dot is no longer where I am, either moving or stationary. It's as if the triangulation math is wrong and my position is displayed as much as 1500 meters off. Driving is worse; it cannot keep up and isn't accurate like it used to be.

I've got an 8310 Curve on AT&T, running OS v4.2.2.170, google maps is v3.0.1, not running Lattitude and I have 10353708 of 54919168 bytes available.

Thanks for any advice.
    02-19-09 11:20 PM
    Try pulling the battery with the phone on and put it back in
    02-19-09 11:22 PM
    On one note, your memory is very low. You might want to do a battery pull and delete thing on the phone that are old (I.e. Old messages, call logs.) and apps you don't use.

About google maps, I have been having problems with them lately as well.. Its a known issue that has been reported.. I'm currently using nav4all which gives you turn by turn directions, and voice directions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 11:27 PM
    Had the same issue. Battery pull did not do the trick and I have sufficient memory. For me deleting and re-installing gmaps did the trick.
    02-19-09 11:40 PM
    where do i download this? can i do it from my BB? total noob by the way, thanks for the help.
    02-19-09 11:43 PM
    Yes you can download it from your bb.. Go to your browser and search for google maps.. I think the website is something like www.m.google.com

02-19-09 11:47 PM
    thank you very much
    02-19-09 11:49 PM
    You welcome.. And actually the address is http://m.google.com/maps?dc=gorganic&dc=gorganic

02-19-09 11:52 PM
    Make sure that when you download that you clean up your cache memory first. This can screw things up for a download from time to time.

02-20-09 02:31 AM
    I ended up doing a bit of everything suggested - pulled the battery while powered up, deleted a large application I could live without and deleted/reinstalled Google Maps (now version 3.0.2).

Add it all up and Google Maps seem to be back to its reliable ways.

Thanks for the help everyone.
    02-20-09 10:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD