Question about Latitude.

When I first got it it would keep my location current at all times even if I did not have the google maps program open. Then I pulled the battery out of by curve and reset it and now unless the application is open my location is not being shared. On other people's BB's it shows my name and its greyed out and says my location (3 hrs ago) and only updated when I open the latitude program. I have changed no settings. In my Latitude settings it says share my location at all times and when I exit the program I select "Exit but continue sharing". GPS is turned on ...

Any Ideas? It used to work perfect until I pulled the battery
    02-27-09 03:21 PM
    The GPS doesn't work with Google Maps on the Verizon 8330, so that's not the issue.

What happens if you leave the program running and just get out of it by hitting the red END button?
    02-27-09 07:02 PM
    on my sprint curve, you go to options>advanced options>gps and make sure "gps services" setting is "on". hope this helps.

EDIT: i just saw that you said your gps is on, so this wont help.
    Last edited by kwmksavage; 02-28-09 at 01:22 AM.
    02-28-09 01:19 AM
    Don't worry..I was looking up this issue as well. I believe something is wrong with the background running of google latitude..And on some forum someone from Google explained that there is an issue and that when google latitude is running in the background, it is not updating. Mine is doing the samething..I thought I also rememberd it running fine in the background before a battery pll as well..i also downloaded os 4.5 so who knows. All i know is I need it physically open to update or track my location. So who knows, hopefully the bug will be fixed soon so it runs properly in the background
    02-28-09 04:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD