i have been a faithful curve user for sometime now. but the technology just isn't there anymore. i LOVE my new IPHONE!!!!!
    06-08-10 12:24 AM
    Good we don't like you..be gone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 03:33 AM
    i have been a faithful curve user for sometime now. but the technology just isn't there anymore. i LOVE my new IPHONE!!!!!
    AWWWW! WHY?!?! Curve is SO MUCH better than the iPhone! You could've switched to other models like the new tour or bold, but why to iPhone?

I guess it's alright, it's your decision.
    06-08-10 05:33 AM
    Oh well as I always say do what make you happy ... Enjoy you new phone !!!

06-08-10 06:53 AM
    mangcool - Don't bite flamebait.
    SnowBall - Don't feed trolls.

iPhone works better for you? Then you should have waited for 4G. Enjoy your phone nonetheless.
    06-08-10 08:14 AM
    Dang but my trolls are like 5 ft tall..

06-08-10 01:32 PM
    +1 for waiting for 4g..worst time to buy an iphone is now..just couldn't hold out for another 3 weeks?

06-08-10 01:34 PM
    I am afraid that this is going to be a serious problem for RIM moving forward. I have been a BB man for years now. The apps/features of other options are now getting too good to ignore. RIM needs to have something serious in the hopper, as the competition in their space is now an all out war!

I am not trying to start an argurement and I am not commenting doom and gloom for RIM, just noting that the competition is fierce.
    Last edited by mrmas; 06-08-10 at 02:08 PM.
    06-08-10 01:51 PM
    I am afraid that this is going to be a serious problem for RIM moving forward. I have been a BB man for years now. The apps/features of other options are now getting too good to ignore. RIM needs to have something serious in the hopper, as the competition in their space is now an all out war!

I am not trying to start an argurement and I am not commenting doom and gloom for RIM, just noting that the competition is fierce.
    Would RIM be RIM if they didn't face competition from Palm?

Competition is a bless. Should competition make Apple create the smartphone that will grace every and all kind of profile, than good for them.

Till that moment comes, I kinda need a great keyboard. We gotta face it. BlackBerry isn't for everyone. Neither is the iPhone. Same can be said about Android...

Different people, different needs.
    06-08-10 02:35 PM

iPhone works better for you? Then you should have waited for 4G. Enjoy your phone nonetheless.
    What's a flamebait? =)
    06-08-10 02:57 PM
    Had just finished putting the new Kenwood stereo into the Porsche 928 and my 16 year old son came up. Asked him to sit in it and check out the stereo. Lo and behold, a minute or so later he was steaming audio from his iPhone to the Kenwood and playing it.... With chagrin I later realized my BB Curve could not do it. I hadn't realized it couldn't and that was one reason I bought the Kenwood.

I bought the curve because my provider (Credo) supports it and I like keys, etc. Does anybody know how to make the Curve stream bluetooth audio files?

My son's mother bought him the iPhone and I don't want to spend the money on one and don't like AT&T (who were spying on us -before- Bush even).
    06-08-10 02:59 PM
    Hmm, i'd have to question buying an iphone right now... That doesn't make too much sense.
    06-08-10 04:22 PM
    Have fun... every iphone user I know is on there 4, 5, 6, or 7th device...

I'm on my second BB due to the fact that I upgraded my device.
    06-08-10 04:37 PM
    If I were to buy an iPhone, I'd wait a couple of weeks and get the 3GS for $99-$149 (the price will have to drop there b/c iPhone 4 will cost $199). I don't think the new one is worth b/c it isn't 4G. The only 4G phone available now is HTC EVO from Sprint, as far as I know.

Anyway, I am glad none of those questions concern me right now, because my Curve does everything I would want from a phone

@medicis: surprised to hear your Curve won't stream to the Kenwood stereo. As long as Kenwood supports A2DP, it should work. I had no problems with using stereo bluetooth so far. Good luck with it! Maybe it's a software issue on BB's part and they will hopefully deal with it in the next release.

06-08-10 04:39 PM
    I thought about getting a iPhone, but I like actually making phone calls and installing the apps I want.
    That, and having my personal data on a phone that takes longer than 20 seconds to hack.

06-08-10 07:30 PM
    ^^ You need to learn how to let someone tell you what you do or don't want =P
    06-08-10 08:19 PM
    ^^ You need to learn how to let someone tell you what you do or don't want =P
    Oh yes, I really wanted "borrowed" open-source software with some aqua buttons slapped on.
    (I'm a total fanboy, can't you tell?)

06-08-10 10:05 PM
    I would get an iPhone if it's not from AT&T. I just don't like AT&T, they don't even have 3G coverage in my area, and I don't live in a rural area.
    06-09-10 02:25 PM
    I really love my Curve. But, honestly, I've been having so many issues with BIS lately. It really gets annoying. I don't like having to wait a few hours a day to recieve emails or to be able to surf the web. Since last week, my BIS hasn't worked 5 days, sometimes only for a while and then it goes away but still, 5 days. Today it's been fine, I do get emails and Facebook notifications a few minutes late (15 min average) but I really am getting frustrated with RIM's service. Out of 7 months of usage, this has been the most problematic. Maybe it's temporary? I don't know. I just want my Blackberry to work the way it's supposed to. I don't want to trade it in for another phone, I just want it to work.

06-09-10 08:14 PM
    personally i hate touch screens. ive been a faithful BB girl and have tried others - HTC hero, Palm pixi - each time i went back to my 8530. i know they just came out with the bold for sprint so i may upgrade next year, but by then theyll have 3 or 4 new ones out probably
    06-09-10 08:25 PM
    Oh yes, I really wanted "borrowed" open-source software with some aqua buttons slapped on.
    (I'm a total fanboy, can't you tell?)

What are you talking about, Apple invented gradient shapes + layered gradient highlights . That's revolutionary for gui's.
    06-09-10 08:35 PM
    I honestly understand why some people go for non BB models....I think it just comes down to a persons wants/needs in a phone. Personally I couldn't ask for a better phone than mny curve..I like the way it looks (esp. in my otterbox commuter case), I love the media controls, the size is great for me and I can type super fast on the keyboard. Not to mention I have anout 30 apps on this guy and it runs smoothly. But some people want more room for media integration and that's fine, go get the I phone or the Incredible or whatvever..but BB is fine with me

06-10-10 04:04 PM
    I honestly understand why some people go for non BB models....I think it just comes down to a persons wants/needs in a phone. Personally I couldn't ask for a better phone than mny curve..I like the way it looks (esp. in my otterbox commuter case), I love the media controls, the size is great for me and I can type super fast on the keyboard. Not to mention I have anout 30 apps on this guy and it runs smoothly. But some people want more room for media integration and that's fine, go get the I phone or the Incredible or whatvever..but BB is fine with me

I love my commuter case Had the black on black and just got the pink and white one in yesterday - matches my theme perfect LOL!

(looks awesome ) photo_1_07e8f42742565b66fe958060402d959a on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Last edited by DispatcherGirl; 06-10-10 at 04:13 PM.
    06-10-10 04:06 PM
    i'm getting an iPhone only because I only have to pay �60 but i do love bbs but i might do what the guy I am seeing is doing... he has an iphone and bb so its easy
    06-10-10 04:11 PM

Thew new iPhone 4 is not 4G, it's still a 3G phone.
    06-12-10 08:11 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD