Hi all! It's time for my hubby and I to upgrade our phones. I have a Centro (which I love) and he a Katana (he's wanted a BB Curve for a while now).

My question is this..... Should I/we go with the Curve 8330 (we're on Sprint) or the Tour? When I ask the sales guys the differences, they just say that the Tour is the "international" model. That's about it.

One thing I do want (for sure!) is threaded text messaging since I am so used to it. I've read that the new 5.0 upgrade will contain that (here: h t t p:// crackberry. com/ images-native-threaded-sms-client-blackberry without the spaces since I can't link yet). Is this upgrade for both the Tour and the Curve? If it isn't yet, when will it be?

So aside from the international capabilities (which I really have no use for), which is the preferred phone and why? All I can seem to get the Sprint sales guys to say is the tour is the "international model." I figured there had to me more to it.

Thanks in advance. I really appreciate your help/advice...especially for being so new to the world of BBs.
    10-25-09 11:52 PM
    Go with the Tour, simply because it's newer. If you're going to be on a two-year, it makes a big difference!
    10-25-09 11:53 PM
    Go with the tour. I have the 8330 and it is a great phone. But I got it a year ago. The tour is faster, has a high res screen and is sexier. The only reason I can think of for not getting the tour would be if you hated the keyboard or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 12:16 AM
    So aside from the international capabilities (which I really have no use for),...If thats not a concern, there is NO reason for the Tour. The Curve will suit you just fine trust me.
    10-26-09 06:28 AM
    Get the Tour, Period. It is simply far and away the better of the two phones:

8330 - 9630 Comparison chart
    10-26-09 07:14 AM
    For the future, and to have a device that is going to be able to handle the power demands of the newer OSes, your best choice will be Tour.

The Curve, while a nice device, is gonna be taxed to handle the demands of the system in the not-too-distant future. I would get ahead of the Curve now, or you may be disappointed down the road later.

Or, if you can wait a few months, there should be the release of the Essex, a Tour with Trackpad, and Wi-Fi. Added capability, if you really wanna go whole-hog.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-26-09 at 09:00 AM.
    10-26-09 08:56 AM
    Thanks for the advice all.

What about the 5.0 upgrades. Will both of these BB models have threaded messaging with the upgrade? That's pretty close to a deal breaker for me. I'm just way too spoiled after having them for so long!

The link in the OP shows it for a bold I believe. Anyone have any pics of the threaded messaging on the tour or curve 8330???
    10-26-09 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD