I got an email on my blackberry saying i was not getting emails from my gmail account because it wasn't validated and to go to my email settings and reenter the password to validate.

So i did and it's saying there is an error in the application and cannot continue.

i decided to go online and try it from there, says my password is invalid. i thought maybe there was a problem with gmail so i signed into my gmail and it worked fine.

I'm on the Rogers network currently, is anyone else having this issue? Just started today so i don't think it's an issue with the reported BIS outages that were going on yesterday.
    09-10-09 11:25 AM
    I would just remove the account in your BIS manager and then re-add it.
    09-10-09 11:27 AM
    Just tried doing that, now it won't let me create the account again because it says the information i provided is wrong.......
    09-10-09 11:32 AM
    What is also strange is that my google sync still works and so does the stand-alone gmail.com. it's only BIS that won't work!!??

Not sure what's going on. all suggestions are welcome.
    09-10-09 11:40 AM
    I'm having the same issue.

I can log directly into Gmail with my password, however I can not get my account validated through the phone or through the att.blackberry.com web interface. I spoke to ATT who can only tell me to contact gmail or to delete my account and start over. No thanks!

As usual, they are the masters as pointing the finger at someone else. She could not even tell me if this was a residual issue from yesterday's outage. She had no clue about much of anything to be honest.
    09-10-09 11:48 AM
    Yeah i can't figure it out. I can log into gmail no problem, the stand alone gmail app works and googlesync still works so i don't know what the issue is. my password obviously is fine.
    09-10-09 11:54 AM
    Sooo...hummmm.

Shortly after I called, and then posted the above message, everything started working again.

Hope your issue is fixed too T-Bone!
    09-10-09 11:55 AM
    They are saying the BIS outages are still happening
    09-10-09 12:01 PM
    still not working for me.

If this were a BIS issue how come all of my other data and email is working?
    09-10-09 12:04 PM
    You guys are having the same problem but different carriers so this means it is either a RIM or a Gmail problem. Given that there was a RIM outage just yesterday, I would think this is a RIM problem. Try to contact your carrier and have them transfer you to the RIM technical support. They should be able to better assist you.
    09-10-09 12:09 PM
    I use gmail and am on tmo. No problems today to speak of....knock on wood....
    09-10-09 01:38 PM
    Do you have any of the lab features enabled in Gmail? I also had similar issues until I disabled them. ( I think the one that was messing me up was called advanced Imap controls but I disabled all since I was not using them anyway)
    09-10-09 02:20 PM
    no lab features turned on at all so that can't be it. i have no idea why this is happening. this is turning out to be a real **** off right now.
    09-10-09 10:30 PM
    Take a look at this thread:

forums .crackberry .com/f141/just-got-my-tour-i-can-t-set-up-gmail-313584/

Use the link below, then run through the BIS email setup again.

www .google .com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

(sorry about the weird links. The board won't let me post a link until I have 10 posts.)
    09-12-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD