For the past two days I noticed my gmail was syncing both ways. I read it on my computer and it gets marked as read on my BB in seconds. Works with deletion too. Anyone else notice this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Symp EL; 06-28-09 at 05:42 AM.
    06-28-09 05:40 AM
    I haven't noticed this, but haven't been looking for it, either! I hope that this has finally been fixed!
    06-28-09 05:50 AM
    Its normal. Don't panic.

Never had two way sync with gmail before.

06-28-09 08:35 AM
    Just tried this and it's not working for me.
    06-28-09 09:03 AM
    Maybe its just rolling out. Google never just releases a feature or product. They always roll it out.

06-28-09 09:21 AM
    I checked my gmail and it also syncs both ways (marks and deletes). Previous poster has it right, as Google usually does a rolling upgrade.
    06-28-09 01:40 PM
    Yeah, I'm loving it now.

06-28-09 01:42 PM
    Can't wait for this functionality to reach me!!

Symp or esscert, did you do anything special to get it to work like reset-up account in BIS or send service books?
    06-28-09 02:43 PM
    I did nothing. Read emails on computer and then turned on BB. I noticed it worked so I tested it. It hasn't failed all day.

06-28-09 04:30 PM
    I did nothing. Read emails on computer and then turned on BB. I noticed it worked so I tested it. It hasn't failed all day.

Ok, I've found the secret! Although it's still not working for me, maybe Rogers in Canada doesn't have it fully activated yet, I know why it's working for others.

BIS was upgraded to 2.7 over the weekend. When I login to my carriers BIS site and go to edit my GMail account I see this image at the bootom of the page.

Beside it is a question mark. Clicking it gives this explanation.

Mystery solved
    06-28-09 05:01 PM
    Does BIS automatically setup GMail as POP? Because the link states:

By default, email reconciliation for deleted email messages is turned on for all types of integrated email accounts, except POP email accounts.
    Mine is setup as IMAP
    06-28-09 05:53 PM
    Does BIS automatically setup GMail as POP? Because the link states:

Mine is setup as IMAP
    Since BIS 2.6 it's only IMAP. I have mine set to IMAP too in Gmail, with POP disabled.
    06-28-09 05:56 PM
    Not working yet for me! But I hope to see it soon!
    06-29-09 02:11 AM
    Is this working for everyone? I've been using the Gmail app but would rather use the BIS instead but only if it's really syncing everything both ways
    07-02-09 01:03 PM
    Doesn't work for me...yet. I would like to have this feature though!
    07-02-09 01:07 PM
    Ok, so it doenst work for me either,however i would love to have this feature. For now, whenever i delete from my phone, i also have to come home and delte off the laptop as well.....
    07-02-09 02:15 PM
    looks like mine is setup to work too but I never knew that and will have to try it when I get my next msg. I also turned that function on for my personal email acct just to see if it works.
    07-02-09 02:33 PM
    ok,so i got mine to work, but it doesnt work well with Outlook Express as i hardly ever actually check mail using a web browser.
    07-02-09 10:56 PM
    Has anyone seen this on a Google Apps account with your own domain or just Gmail accounts?
    07-03-09 11:37 AM
    Does anyone know if this two way sync has been rolled out now for all gmail users and all carriers? I just got a curve with sprint and have set up gmail with IMAP and setup Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) with the account and checked the graphic for synching deleted messages with the handheld. I also have delete on handheld and server checked on the blackberry. However, so far, when I dleete a message on the gmail server, it does not delete on the BB. Works fine the other way around though.
    07-19-09 12:02 PM
    I don't think everyone has it yet. Google is very slow at launches in my opinion.

07-19-09 03:33 PM
    Mine worked flawlessly until BIS upgraded. Now it doesn't delete on Gmail, just archives it
    07-19-09 03:37 PM
    I called my carrier (Rogers) about this yesterday because it wasn't working for me. I have 3 email accounts. 2 IMAP (one is GMail) and an Exchange account using OWA.

Basically BB support said that it hasn't been working for many people yet. It's up to the email host, like GMail, to allow the sync from the host to your BB.

Until then, not much that can be done.
    07-19-09 05:54 PM
    I have tmo in US. I noticed it started doing this a few weeks ago, and didnt like it. I usually 'preview' my gmails on my bb, and then decide if I need to go to a laptop to respond.

it does have to do with gmail now supporting IMAP. in fact, tmo wont even connect to gmail with POP anymore as far as I can tell.

so I turned off wireless sync.

go to email options, email reconciliation
    delete on DEVICE
    --->wireless reconcile OFF <---
    07-22-09 10:34 AM
    This is working for me with my pearl on sprint. Just looked at the bis site and saw the icon. logged into my gmail and deleted an email from my blackberry and refreshed gmail and it is no in the trash.

glad to see this working
    08-07-09 03:41 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD