ok i set aol and yahoo , but gmail does not want to work for me..im i doing something wrong?
    05-30-08 04:38 PM
    Still waiting for my internet to work!
    05-30-08 04:39 PM
    My gmail works just fine I didnt do anything special to get my gmail on my BB.
    05-30-08 04:43 PM
    Did you dl the gmail app?
    05-30-08 05:03 PM
    i put the user and password and it tells me error
    05-30-08 05:03 PM
    gmail app?...i didnt think i had to dl anything..evrey other one went through with no problem..lost now
    05-30-08 05:04 PM
    YAAA, someone's lost with me!
    05-30-08 05:05 PM
    try this: Mobile
    05-30-08 05:09 PM
    It should be the same setup as your yahoo and aol. Unless you some sort of restriction on your gmail settings.
    05-30-08 05:26 PM
    I used the Gmail via IMAP instructions to get gmail on my blackberry. With one change, Delete On: Handheld instead of Mailbox and Handheld.

Help Center - Blackberry

IIRC when you delete a message via an IMAP client conntected to your google account, it doesn't delete that message, but archives it. I get a lot of mail I have no interest in archiving, hence the change. I just manually go and delete later via Gmail app. or on my PC
    05-30-08 05:41 PM
    [IMG][/IMG]
    05-30-08 05:45 PM
    you guys are making this harder than what it really is. just go to Mobile and download google mail. you will get the google mail icon on your phone and all you have to do is sign on.
    05-30-08 05:52 PM
    you guys are making this harder than what it really is. just go to Mobile and download google mail. you will get the google mail icon on your phone and all you have to do is sign on.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, if you use the gmail app, you don't get email "pushed" onto the BB and have to open up the gmail app to see if you got mail. Pretty sure I read that in one of the threads on this topic.
    05-30-08 08:22 PM
    Worked smoothly for me.
    05-30-08 08:24 PM
    I use the gmail app, it notifies me of new emails just as BIS does.
    05-30-08 08:24 PM
    I use the gmail app, it notifies me of new emails just as BIS does.
    but how quickly? during my tests, my BIS gmail is almost instant whereas the gmail app requires a manual refresh...i've even gone into settings and checked to notify me of new mail and changed the BB profile to include this option...
    06-01-08 03:47 PM
    GMail applicaiton will deliver between 1-15 minutes! The more email you receive daily, the more often it will check...
    06-01-08 04:11 PM
    I don't have to log on to gmail everytime to check my mail. It updates and notifys me everytime

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-08 04:36 PM
    GMail applicaiton will deliver between 1-15 minutes! The more email you receive daily, the more often it will check...

how about adding attachments to the gmail application? i can't seem to figure out how to attach a picture to my messages. Also...is anyone aware of a setting you can...um...set (lol) where it will sync faster than the 1-15 minutes delay. I've been practicing sending messages to myself from another email account and the BIS is almost instant whereas the gmail app takes forrrreeeeevvvveeerrrr!
    06-02-08 11:05 AM
    Here are my observations using gmail on BIS:

IMAP:
    - 2-way synchronization (what I delete on the phone would be deleted on the gmail server and vice versa). Emails read on phone show up as read on gmail server, but emails read on gmail.com still shows as unread on phone.
    - 10-15 minute delay in receiving email
    - emails sent from phone not placed in "sent" folder on gmail server

POP:
    - no 2-way synchronization. Emails I delete on the phone do not delete on gmail server. Emails read on phone still show up as unread on gmail server (and vice versa)
    - no delay in receiving email (practically instantaneous)
    - emails sent from phone are placed in "sent" folder on gmail

The gmail application is nice because it "threads" or combines the emails just like it does on gmail.com. However, it runs slower (more memory intensive) and there is a 10-15 minute delay in receiving email.
    06-07-08 02:00 AM
    i don't think twoface ever specified whether he was talking about gmail via BIS or gmail the app. either way, it's not clear he's still with us himself ...
    06-07-08 02:11 AM
    Hey guys! Hope you are still here. I'm having a slightly different problem. I can't seem to get to the place where I actually download the application. I just keep going round and round at the "Let's Get Started" screen.

I've clicked on both the links you've provided to no avail. I had the application on my BB previously. It stopped working and I don't even remember what the error was. I just figured it would be easier to delete/uninstall and download again than mess with the error - since it was sssooo easy the first time.

I've also tried it from my desktop. I always end up at the text me screen, which I've done at least three times.

Google maps works just dandy. Has anyone updated to 4.5 and is using the gmail app? That seems to be when I went fluey.

Awaiting your nuggets of wisdom.
    Last edited by maichrcol; 06-07-08 at 06:42 AM. Reason: typo
    06-07-08 06:41 AM
    Here are my observations using gmail on BIS:

IMAP:
    - 2-way synchronization (what I delete on the phone would be deleted on the gmail server and vice versa). Emails read on phone show up as read on gmail server, but emails read on gmail.com still shows as unread on phone.
    - 10-15 minute delay in receiving email
    - emails sent from phone not placed in "sent" folder on gmail server

POP:
    - no 2-way synchronization. Emails I delete on the phone do not delete on gmail server. Emails read on phone still show up as unread on gmail server (and vice versa)
    - no delay in receiving email (practically instantaneous)
    - emails sent from phone are placed in "sent" folder on gmail

The gmail application is nice because it "threads" or combines the emails just like it does on gmail.com. However, it runs slower (more memory intensive) and there is a 10-15 minute delay in receiving email.
    Update: Using POP, emails that I delete on my BB will also delete off gmail.com The emails still remain "unread" in gmail.com though...
    06-12-08 09:59 AM
    I have the same problem. I was using gmail push and then I switched to the gmail ap, and it now it wil not alert me when I have a new email.
    06-15-08 05:07 PM
    you have to change the settings within the gmail application (go to options > more > settings). Check the box next to "Notify me when there is new mail in my inbox" and then save.
    06-18-08 12:51 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD