Ok, so I'd rather use the Gmail app to view my emails on my gmail account, but I needed to add that account to my blackberry in order to be able to use google sync to sync my blackberry and google calendar.

Now, if I remove the gmail account from my list of email accounts on my blackberry will the calendar syncs still work? If not, how do I keep the email set up, but not have my blackberry download any messages?

thanks so much!
    Last edited by sultorn; 08-23-09 at 10:38 AM.
    08-23-09 09:21 AM
    Sometimes you just have to try some things... remove your email account from your BB... give it a try... if it does not work then put it back in... then just set a filter on your T-Mobile's site to stop any email going to your email address.
    08-23-09 10:11 AM
    I'm going to try it if no one else has already, just figured I could try to save myself the hassle of removing and adding it back again and redoing the calendar sync

How do you set the filters? I couldn't find any settings when choosing the email setup on my phone.
    Last edited by sultorn; 08-23-09 at 10:39 AM.
    08-23-09 10:31 AM
    I'm going to try it if no one else has already, just figured I could try to save myself the hassle of removing and adding it back again and redoing the calendar sync

How do you set the filters? I couldn't find any settings when choosing the email setup on my phone.
    You need to log onto my.t-mobile.com... be sure your device shows up.. then under "Connect and Share" click on "Configure email"... this gets you on the BIS server... you'll see all your email accounts, along with Edit, Filter and Delete icons for each... click on the Filter.... then add a filter.
    08-23-09 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD