I am sure this is a simple problem, with a simple solution, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. I have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed on my PC. I have my BB connected. I have the memory options Mass Storage Mode set to ON. When I connect my phone to the computer with the USB thing, nothing happens. I have a little icon in my toolbar showing that my BB is connected, but no files pop up. I have tried going to My Computer to see if it shows the BB files in there, but there is nothing BB related. What am I doing wrong?

I do not have a media card. Do I have to have a media card to move pics from my BB to my PC?
    07-07-10 10:26 PM
    thats your problem there...you need a memory card in order to access those pictures...your phone should've came with at least a 2gb
    07-07-10 10:46 PM
    Check if the connection is actually really working and have DM do a backup. Also, try setting to Prompt instead of ON. We never know. Could be a minor bug or a bad USB port (in case you do have a SD card).

If you don't have a media card, you still have a few options:

- Email yourself the images and download them on the PC;
    - Send them to the PC over BLuetooth;
    - Use a IM client to send the files to somebody you trust and have them send them to you;
    07-07-10 11:19 PM
    thats your problem there...you need a memory card in order to access those pictures...your phone should've came with at least a 2gb
    No they dont. Not Curve 8520 from ATT anyways. They are "optional" and purchased seperately. So I cant transfer pics using the Media Manager unless I have a memory card?
    07-07-10 11:31 PM
    The thing is, even in Media Manager, I cant see my BB on there in any of the folders. Yet, down on my toolbar it is showing that it is connected.
    07-07-10 11:32 PM
    Check if the connection is actually really working and have DM do a backup. Also, try setting to Prompt instead of ON. We never know. Could be a minor bug or a bad USB port (in case you do have a SD card).

If you don't have a media card, you still have a few options:

- Email yourself the images and download them on the PC;
    - Send them to the PC over BLuetooth;
    - Use a IM client to send the files to somebody you trust and have them send them to you;
    What is a DM? I changed to prompt, but still nothing.
    07-07-10 11:33 PM
    Ok, I picked a couple pics and emailed them to myself. BUT I never received them in my inbox. What the heck? lol I'm so frustrated. I emailed the same pics to one of my contacts and they got them. Why would I not have received them as well? I just typed in my email address. Does it have to be an email not related to this blackberry?
    Last edited by cnd8; 07-07-10 at 11:56 PM.
    07-07-10 11:40 PM
    I gave up on the email-myself thing. I have both yahoo and gmail so I send from gmail to yahoo and that works.

No SD on AT&T? Now THAT's cheap.

DM = Desktop Manager. Since you mentioned Media Manager, there should be an option to slit the screen somewhere. That allows you to see the PC folder up and the Device/SD down. If you do that, you should be able to get to your pictures.
    07-08-10 12:36 AM
    I gave up on the email-myself thing. I have both yahoo and gmail so I send from gmail to yahoo and that works.

No SD on AT&T? Now THAT's cheap.

DM = Desktop Manager. Since you mentioned Media Manager, there should be an option to slit the screen somewhere. That allows you to see the PC folder up and the Device/SD down. If you do that, you should be able to get to your pictures.
    Nope, I can see everything stored on my PC, but cant bring up ANYTHING relating to my BB in Media Manager.
    07-08-10 12:44 AM
    Nope, I can see everything stored on my PC, but cant bring up ANYTHING relating to my BB in Media Manager.
    I suggest you try again. Both my 8520 and 8310's device memory show there. No media card on any device.

Media Manager btw, not Media Sync. Just in case.

This image has been resized. But you should still be able to tell what is what. With the device plugged, hit Split (or whatever it says on the top red circle) and the device's internal memory should show on the bottom.
    Last edited by diegonei; 07-08-10 at 12:58 AM.
    07-08-10 12:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD