Hi all. New and green. Couldn't find answers on this site so here goes: How can I transfer my outlook contacts from my computer to my blackberry without connecting my computer to the net (like the blackberry desktop manager is requiring for the firsttime...grrrrr). I have the usb cable and a slot for the sd memory card and have successfully transferred mp3 and word docs. Step by step help would be appreciated.
    09-08-09 08:00 AM
    To my knowledge in order to move this data (electronically) you need to sync, which means you need to use the BB desktop manager. I have never heard of another way, aside from manually entering the contact information into the device. The Blackberry Desktop Manager is free, and unless you are trying to add contacts from another machine (for example you sync at home and want to add in work contacts from the office as well) your best bet would be to use the BB desktop manager. Hope this helps.
    09-08-09 08:07 AM

Hi Pastor TJ and thank you for your expeditious reply! (E minutes after I hit "enter").the problem is that I don't have internet for my computer right now and the bb manager won't work for synching unless you connect it to the web for the initial use. That's the problem.
    09-08-09 08:15 AM
    You are welcome! :-)

Ahhhhh, yeah, that's a stickler man. Can you take a laptop to a hotspot (like Starbucks, public library, etc. ) and try it there? That would be a quick fix and get you squared away.
    09-08-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD