Hello all. As you can see by my name, I'm a pearl guy. I have had a 8100 through T-Mobile for about a year and a half now. I'm now carrying a 8220 FLip which was so much better. I don't know if the phone itself was so much better, but the software seemed to be nicer. Better web browsing, Youtube videos, just better. Well, I'm switching carriers and thinking of getting a Curve 8330 through U.S. Cellular. Will the new curve be similar to the 8220 in features?? I realize I won't have Wifi, but as far as other things go, I can shoot videos, take pictures, watch videos online, etc?? The full keyboard might help my spelling as well!
    12-10-08 10:09 PM
    8220 has a newer OS, newer feature, but bottom line it's still a blackberry. Curve is an awesome device. You will love it....
    12-10-08 10:12 PM
    I love the Curve. It's my first Blackberry, so I don't really know how it compares to the Pearl except the full keyboard which I love!! And I like the wide screen.
    12-10-08 10:14 PM
    The curve, on any carrier is probably one of the best blackberries out there...The keyboard is awesome and having one letter per key is great for quick texting and emails...
    12-10-08 10:14 PM
    there really isn't that much of a difference. i haven't noticed too many things from curve to curve.

does US cellular have an OS 4.5 out? you'd probably like that for vids and everything

12-10-08 10:16 PM
    The flip has a newer, better os, but I know a couple people who like the Curve better because of it's layout and ease of use. I like mine a lot!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 10:24 PM
    What to expect? Pure awesomeness!
    12-10-08 10:43 PM
    im gettin one too! right now!

ill let you know how I like mine

get it, why not?

al
    12-10-08 11:00 PM
    I have the curve 8330 and it is the bomb. I take it everywhere and it's extremely reliable and easy to use. You'll like the curve, it's a fine device.
    12-10-08 11:58 PM
    Welcome to the ranks of the curve faithful! Coming from an 8830, I have been very pleased with this device and I cant wait till verizon releases either the curve 2 or Bold.
    12-11-08 12:16 AM
    An os 4.5 running Curve is, my opinion, the best smart phone out there. It just does it all, and with style! I've had my curve for about a year and have never looked back. My first berry was the 8700g. That was a joke, media wise, compared to the curve. I have tried many devices as I am particularly maticulous about these things. I'm really leaning on the Bold, which is the curve on steriods! I will give it some time though. Got give enough time for the bold to work out it's kinks!

12-11-08 12:24 AM
    The Curve is a reliable, dependable and solid BB. If you loved the Pearl, you will love the Curve.

12-11-08 12:43 AM
    I went from a pearl to a curve on uscc. And they're both great phones. The curve is quite similar to the pearl. They're both BlackBerry's but curves keyboard and screen are much better also uscc imo in maine has the best coverage. My version 8330/4.5.0.89. Is running good . Want more info or help pin me 31ccbaf0

12-11-08 03:40 AM
    yer gonna LOVE that Curve I promise ya!
    12-11-08 05:04 AM
    Good luck on your switch to US cell... But as far as the curve goes... You will definitely have a better experience from the regular pearl and even your pearl flip as long as the curve you are purchasing has 4.5 or highier you can always upgrade anyways. I was a pearl 8120 guy myself for 6mos and then switched to a curve and never looked back. Didn't like the suretype(I got used it and got really fast) but a full qwerty is the way to go. Anyway, I hope you have a smooth transition...good luck.

12-11-08 05:13 AM
    Agree with previous posts, the curve is awesome. I had a pearl 8120 and although they're similar, the curve's much easier to use for email and text.

My only negative would be the number keypad being on the left.. I have little hands and have to really stretch my right thumb over to dial if I'm using it single-handed. Maybe I'll learn to do it left-handed..

I've installed OS 4.5 and there's some shiny new apps to play with too!
    12-11-08 05:31 AM
    I went from an 8100 to a Curve as well. It took me about a day to get used to the keyboard, but other than that, I never saw much of a difference. I love the Curve. And its full keyboard! I always thought the size difference would be an issue too, but not so. If you do decide to switch, I hope yo enjoy it!
    Hello all. As you can see by my name, I'm a pearl guy. I have had a 8100 through T-Mobile for about a year and a half now. I'm now carrying a 8220 FLip which was so much better. I don't know if the phone itself was so much better, but the software seemed to be nicer. Better web browsing, Youtube videos, just better. Well, I'm switching carriers and thinking of getting a Curve 8330 through U.S. Cellular. Will the new curve be similar to the 8220 in features?? I realize I won't have Wifi, but as far as other things go, I can shoot videos, take pictures, watch videos online, etc?? The full keyboard might help my spelling as well!
    12-11-08 05:39 AM
    Expect to be impressed!
    12-11-08 05:42 AM
    I got my 8330 from US Cellular last week and I am really loving it. Best phone I've had - my first smartphone. People rip US Cellular but I like my plan and their service, for where I am.
    12-11-08 06:22 AM
    Just picked it up! Can't wait to start playing with it.

Thanks for all your input.
    12-11-08 03:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD