BB owners lounge is offering 8310's free geo-cache for a year anyone use this? is it worth it? im using google maps and i love it
    04-18-08 02:54 PM
    i just got that same email from bb owners lounge lol i like google maps so thats what ill stick with
    04-18-08 02:56 PM
    its a game or something! lol forget it!
    04-18-08 02:58 PM
    It's a hide and seek game using your GPS
    04-18-08 03:26 PM
    oo ok, nope dont need it that precious space on my bb for another app! off to find more cool stuff for my berry!
    04-18-08 03:28 PM
    I just download... Will try to play...
    04-18-08 03:29 PM
    Is this an OTA download from BB browser or do you have to download to your PC first? Or can you just go to the site on the PC and have it download to your BB?
    04-18-08 03:41 PM
    There is OTA link but I think you first need to enter online your phone number for some verification...
    04-18-08 03:47 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. My husband and girls love to geo-cache and I think they would enjoy using this as opposed to carrying around a second gps.
    04-18-08 03:52 PM
    its a game, I'm trying it out see what its like what the heck right its free to try it out............
    04-18-08 04:00 PM
    ok I got it downloaded, I found 10 in my area, told my hubby about we are gonna go try and find some after our son gets home from school. My Hubby did bring up something how do we know that that there isn't some Sick Person out there that will leave a bomb or something Gross. I can see this being used for some sick things makes me wondring if I can think it up( To much CSI) then some sick perv could too......... could you imagine finding something or someone dead. eew yeah I know I think to much
    04-18-08 04:23 PM
    ok I got it downloaded, I found 10 in my area, told my hubby about we are gonna go try and find some after our son gets home from school. My Hubby did bring up something how do we know that that there isn't some Sick Person out there that will leave a bomb or something Gross. I can see this being used for some sick things makes me wondring if I can think it up( To much CSI) then some sick perv could too......... could you imagine finding something or someone dead. eew yeah I know I think to much

HAHA, yeah that is quite the imagination. I have been geocaching for several years, I have been using a stand alone GPSr though. Its alot of fun and a way to see things you might not have gone out of the way to see, not to mention you can get some cool things now and then. (havnt found any dead bodies yet I want to give this program a shot, it has to beat doing everything on paper then entering manually into a GPS unit. Happy Caching!
    04-18-08 04:33 PM
    I haven't heard of any bombs but the bomb squad has been called to some caches in public places when someone happened upon them and reported "something suspicious". That must have been embarassing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-08 04:55 PM
    It's not a "game".

Check out Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

To bad I've already paid for my copy of it.
    04-18-08 05:35 PM
    well ok It not technically your typical game, It hide and seek or a scavenger hunt regardless your playing and hey seems to be a fun Idea, I'll report more soon after I go find my first cache
    04-18-08 05:47 PM
    ok so I don't get it haha I have tried to find anything but I just dont get it cant see how people do it good luck to all that do find something. I gave up haha
    04-20-08 06:16 PM
    ok so I don't get it haha I have tried to find anything but I just dont get it cant see how people do it good luck to all that do find something. I gave up haha

If you find your first one you'll be hooked Did you visit the website

Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site

It has alot more background info for beginners.
    04-20-08 06:33 PM
    so if i understand correctly, its like a treasure hunt, u really have to go outside and try to follow the gps and find something-like hunting?
    04-20-08 10:06 PM
    Yes, that's right. There are rules and ettiquite and such butthey are explained on the web page.

04-20-08 10:53 PM
    OK we'll call it a "sport" or an adventure type of scavenger hunt.

04-20-08 11:43 PM
    HEHE my husband has gotten into this too we went out today and WE FOUND 2 haha I now have a Travel Bug to pass on to the next one
    04-21-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD