So today I was having beers and cooking with family when my cousin's wife started telling a story of what happened to her Friday. She was in Lowes shopping and realized her phone was missing so they called it over and over hoping to hear it. It turns out that she had apparently put it down someplace in the store and someone else snagged it. They apparently have some sort of GPS Tracker feature on the phone and/or account (from Sprint) so they tracked the phone and it was in already in a bad neighborhood of NOLA so they just had Sprint lock out the device from the system.

Anyway the funny part of the story is that she was complaining about all the numbers and stuff she had in the device that the person would now have access to with the stolen device. A little back story to this is that she is always making fun of me because I have a Blackberry (I have no idea why). So I let her go on and on for a few minutes about this and then I asked her: So, was your phone locked? Do you have a backup? She knew what was coming and bashfully said: No, my phone doesn't lock and I didn't have a backup. So I replied: You know if you have a Blackberry you can lock the device and then when someone steals your device they can try your password 10 times and if they don't get it, it will automatically remove all of your personal information so they can't have it. Also it is very easy to backup your data so you don't have to worry about losing it. She just bashfully said "I know" and changed the subject. BURN!!!

HEHEHEHE, I been waiting on a good time to get her back and after as much crap as she gave me for having a Blackberry I'm never going to let her live this one down. Thought you guys might appreciate this.
    08-09-09 09:06 PM
    Gotta admit i lol'ed...

What we need is a self destruct app on our devices... So if someone does forget teh pass 10 times it explodes in their hands.
    08-09-09 09:16 PM
    Had she had a Blackberry and an app called SmrtGuard, she could have done sooo much more. Live and learn.
    08-09-09 09:18 PM
    Gotta admit i lol'ed...

What we need is a self destruct app on our devices...
    SmrtGuard can do that remotely.
    08-09-09 09:20 PM
    Gotta admit i lol'ed...

What we need is a self destruct app on our devices... So if someone does forget teh pass 10 times it explodes in their hands.
    Haha I love it.. the only issue for me then would be that I've set my max. attempts to 4, which means if I'm too inebriated or my girlfriend's fooling around with it it could blow up on either of us - still, would be a sweet optional feature.
    08-09-09 09:22 PM
    Haha I love it.. the only issue for me then would be that I've set my max. attempts to 4, which means if I'm too inebriated or my girlfriend's fooling around with it it could blow up on either of us - still, would be a sweet optional feature.
    AGAIN......there is an app that can remotely wipe. Read here.
    08-09-09 09:24 PM
    Lol funny story and I too would be pissed if you said that to me BURN!!! Hope she looking into a BB now...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 01:29 AM
    Good move there. I've always mocked the iPhone users I know for battery life. The iPhone's battery life is a punchline for me.
    08-10-09 01:32 AM
    Sadly, I still don't think she is going to get a Blackberry. Ah well, some people just don't learn.
    08-10-09 01:44 AM
    aristile I'm curious, what phone did she have that she is so convinced is better than the AWESOME blackberry?
    08-10-09 01:49 AM
    aristile I'm curious, what phone did she have that she is so convinced is better than the AWESOME blackberry?
    pft ... I don't even know. Nor cared to ask! LOL

EDIT: I went check out the phones on the Sprint site and I think it was the Samsung Instict.
    Last edited by aristile; 08-10-09 at 02:03 AM.
    08-10-09 01:54 AM
    BURN!!!! LMAOOO GREAT STORY +1 for Blackberry -1 for a lot of other devices...
    08-10-09 03:44 AM
    BURN!!!! LMAOOO GREAT STORY +1 for Blackberry -1 for a lot of other devices...
    -2 because the other device was an instinct!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD