A couple of weeks ago, I went back to the BB Curve 8330. My intention was to buy some time until I could get another Android device. To spruce things up, I bought a new black trackball and black trackball ring. Updated to OS 5 too. I must say, I have had a really good time using my BB. Battery lasts two days. Loving the keyboard again. The phone really feels good in my hand. Discovered a renewed affection for the keyboard shortcuts and AutoText. I am actually considering keeping this for a while. It is kinda funny seeing as though the Curve 8330 was my first BlackBerry smartphone about three or four years ago. I have had dozens of devices spanning multiple platforms since then. Now I am back to the old Curve. And it has been nice. Don't know how long it will last, but it feels good right now.
    03-15-12 08:59 AM
    hi - I know how you feel! I returned to BB earlier this year using the Style 9670, but somehow I managed to eff it up just the other night and now the trackpad isn't working so I am using a used Curve 8330 until I figure out how to fix the Style. The 8330 is still a rockin' phone... it's amazing how well it is designed and still fun to use after all these years
    03-30-12 08:56 AM
    The same thing happened for me just a couple of weeks ago. So far I'm really enjoying this phone, but of course everyone around me thinks I'm crazy for using it and suggests I go on craigslist to buy a better updated android device. I've had many blackberry's in such a short span of time, but I have always loved this curve for many reasons, so I'm happy I got to use the device again. Last week I had a little problem with the rebooting, but I received a replacement device and now I feel like I have a brand new phone! Lol! So far I'm pleased, and I plan to keep it up and running until my upgrade in the next few months. . Believe it or not I'm actually thinking of getting the newest blackberry with sprint.
    04-11-12 05:52 AM
    Yeah, I'm going to keep this phone for a while. And like the above poster, I may also end up getting the newest BlackBerry when it is time for my upgrade. But I'm not going to upgrade my device until this one is falling apart. I have gotten so used to the keyboard now that I am just blazing fast with this phone. I have found too that I use it more as a tool than a multimedia device which means that I don't always have it in my hand which is a good change of pace. I lot of the ladies that I work with wish that they had a BlackBerry. They always make comments about how much easier it was for them to text with their longer fingernails on a physical keyboard.
    04-12-12 05:04 PM
    Curve 8330 was my first and us a solid piece of work. It's a shame they didn't keep that keyboard for later devices.
    04-12-12 05:13 PM
    Curve 8330 was my first and us a solid piece of work. It's a shame they didn't keep that keyboard for later devices.
    I was wondering the same thing. Build quality is really good too.
    04-13-12 03:56 PM
    I love the keyboard on my 8300. I just switched back to my Curve, to play with it some. I keep finding myself tapping on the screen as if it was touch .
    04-13-12 10:11 PM
    Well i've had many a BB over the past 2 yrs but nothing was like my 8300. The only BB i think i can compare it to in terms of keyboard styles is the 8900 curve and those i think are the best 2 older model curves out there. The 83xx series was and is a robust build and the newer curves are just light and cant take the jamming like these anymore. But if ur looking for a similar experience to this curve, get a 8900 curve aka Javelin. Later addicts

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using CrackBerry Forums App
    04-14-12 05:49 AM
    I absolutely love coming across threads like this! Renews my appreciation for BlackBerry and then I'm off to activate my own
    04-14-12 09:00 AM
    Well i've had many a BB over the past 2 yrs but nothing was like my 8300. The only BB i think i can compare it to in terms of keyboard styles is the 8900 curve and those i think are the best 2 older model curves out there. The 83xx series was and is a robust build and the newer curves are just light and cant take the jamming like these anymore. But if ur looking for a similar experience to this curve, get a 8900 curve aka Javelin. Later addicts Click to view quoted image

Sent from my BlackBerry 8520 using CrackBerry Forums App
    That's the first thing I noticed when I got the 9330, much lighter than the 8300.
    04-15-12 09:10 PM
    'Yea!' How's the transition back going for you?

I absolutely love coming across threads like this! Renews my appreciation for BlackBerry and then I'm off to activate my own
    04-15-12 09:21 PM
    That's the first thing I noticed when I got the 9330, much lighter than the 8300.
    The keyboard on the 9330 wasn't the same. I was somewhat disappointed when I owned one. My 8330 keyboard just seems to be able to take a pounding. There is a distinct difference in weight. If they were able to put the insides of the 9330 in the 8330 it would be the perfect device in my opinion.
    04-16-12 12:39 PM
    The keyboard on the 9330 wasn't the same. I was somewhat disappointed when I owned one. My 8330 keyboard just seems to be able to take a pounding. There is a distinct difference in weight. If they were able to put the insides of the 9330 in the 8330 it would be the perfect device in my opinion.
    I know, the keyboard is not the same. I bought the 9330 without actually seeing it in person, assuming that it would have the same keyboard that my 8300 had. I do wish that my 8300 could connect to wifi and moved like the 9330.

It makes me wonder what they other "newer" curves are like.
    04-17-12 09:43 AM
    I know, the keyboard is not the same. I bought the 9330 without actually seeing it in person, assuming that it would have the same keyboard that my 8300 had. I do wish that my 8300 could connect to wifi and moved like the 9330.

It makes me wonder what they other "newer" curves are like.
    Unfortunately, 8330 predated the carrier requirement for Wi-Fi capability. That was a nice additional feature that came later. But at least it had GPS.
    04-17-12 11:19 AM
    I haven't had the need for wifi on this device. But it is always a nice option to have. I forgot to mention that it could use some more memory. But I have been able to get along so far. I don't really download any apps other than the essentials that I already have.
    04-17-12 01:45 PM
    I always had great appreciation for my 8330,1 heck of workhorse ,never let me down for those 2 yrs,until the day it died..which I had no other choice to go to the 9330, If RIM integrated 8330-in to the 9330=WOW that would had been an awesome curve...even though kinda don't miss the trackball-to many replacement to count.
    04-19-12 10:05 AM
    Nice topic

Been using 9860 for a while, 9700 before it, 9630, and the 1st BB i had was 8320

Overall, the best feeling and the most robust is the curve IMHO

Right now i am planning to have another BB (for personal online business, while the 9860 take the work business) and i was deciding between huron8830 or curve8330

Since the reconditioned price here in indonesia are close (about $40-50), i think i'll have another run with the curve,for it have a camera, better memory, better OS, and the accessories&sparepart are still plenty in the market
    04-24-12 05:52 AM
    Nice topic

Been using 9860 for a while, 9700 before it, 9630, and the 1st BB i had was 8320

Overall, the best feeling and the most robust is the curve IMHO

Right now i am planning to have another BB (for personal online business, while the 9860 take the work business) and i was deciding between huron8830 or curve8330

Since the reconditioned price here in indonesia are close (about $40-50), i think i'll have another run with the curve,for it have a camera, better memory, better OS, and the accessories&sparepart are still plenty in the market
    Good idea. As you can see the phone is still relevant. I love my 8330 and this is coming from someone who has had just about every type of smartphone out there. For the off contract price, you really can't beat it.
    04-24-12 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD